Windows 10 Several types of bsod

plshelp

Hi,

My computer is having several bsod since quite a long time. But i'm really tired of trying to solve it myself. So I post.

My computer configuration :
CPU : Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz
RAM : 8,00 Go Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
Graphics : SyncMaster (1680x1050@60Hz)
1279MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (NVIDIA)

If you need anything else just ask.

When i got bsod :

-At boot : the screen freezes on the quick load at the beginning (when you can go to bios by pressing a button). Even if i wait a long time, i have to shut the computer down the hard way (by the way, it will instantly shut down, instead of having to keep pressing the shutdown button). I then have a bsod at the restart.
-In games.
-When I do some shit on Unreal Engine 4 (even on basic templates), or other app that are quite ressources costly...
-The screen can also freezes when I'm going away from keyboard for some time. However, since I used the Windows reset procedure 5 days ago ( not sure if it's a total format, as I don't have to reinstalll the OS), it did not happened again.

I'm not sure if I remember well, but I had theses bsod :
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
(can't remember...sorry) _NOT_HANDLED

and several others. However, the file I join shouldn't have all of them, as I reset Windows 5 days ago. But bsod are still happening.

Hope I gave enough precisions. Sorry if I did some fault, I'm not english. Thank in advance.

NB : I already tried the RAM (right when bsod started).

Edit : two news bsod. I reuploaded the file.
Edit 2: new one : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (i've never seen this one before). Dumpfile uploaded.

Attachments

• W7F_02-12-2015.rar
    224.5 KB · Views: 260
  • W7F_02-12-2015 edited.rar
    382.8 KB · Views: 274
  • 120215-15609-01.rar
    78.9 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffffa001f1d650e8, 2, fffff9600badedd5, 2}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : win32kfull.sys ( win32kfull!xxxHkCallHook+155 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
most of your bugchecks seem to blame the system kernel. Did you check that your system was compatible with Windows 10 before upgrading?
I also checked your system support site and notice no Windows 10 drivers are available from Dell and in fact they state:
win.JPG

Ref: Product Support | Dell US

The above bugcheck can be caused by faulty system service, anti-virus apps and hardware faults. Your system drivers date from 2010 and are simply too old for windows 10.

bcmwl664.sys Fri Jan 22 03:30:58 2010: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter - Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card
You have some slightly later versions on the support page so might be worth trying:
Product Support | Dell US

HECIx64.sys Wed Oct 20 00:33:43 2010: Intel Engine management drivers. Please update:
Intel® Download Center

Do a search for command prompt, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

How long since you upgraded to win 10?

Thanks for your reply.

Indeed I didn't check if my system was compatible with Windows 10 before upgrading. A member of my family, who also have a Dell computer (but 3 years older than my computer) is running Windows 10 without any issue. So I didn't even think about potential issues :(

I don't have any antivirus apps since the reset, appart of windows smart screen and windows defender that were already there.

Both Dell tool and Intel tool have not find any problem. However, Dell support is giving me a list of availables updates (altough their tool have not find anything required). One a this update is dealing with the BIOS but I can't setup it. It's written something like this BIOS version is older or same as mine (but then why it ask me to download it ?).

The sfc/scannow found nothing : "Le programme de protection des ressources Windows n’a trouvé aucune violation d’intégrité."
(The Windows resource protection program has found no violation of integrity.)

I upgraded to Windows 10 about 3-4 months ago.

One a this update is dealing with the BIOS but I can't setup it. It's written something like this BIOS version is older or same as mine (but then why it ask me to download it ?).
I did notice your bios was the latest version yes. Sometime these auto apps will tell you to install something even when you have it. I have the same thing if I use the gigabyte version.

Try updating the few drivers that you can and post any new dump files.

I installed one of the driver, and since I did not have any bsod (over 2 hours, thus it's a great improvement). However, when the computer boots, it said "non-system disk, press any key to continue" and then it boots fine. I'll see tomorrow what is the cause but I think it's quite weird. Could you tell me what you think about that ?

Thank in advance.

Edit : here is the driver in question. There were two exe, and I executed the one in the Windows folder.

Hmm... In updating the firmware on the HDD windows bootloader might be corrupted. This video although for something different shows you how to access the command prompt from the recovery section and what to type to repair the bootloader:

I find an answer on a french forum.

I used an "advanced restart" and then boot in console mode. I then type "Bootrec.exe/FixMbr". When I then restart, I didn't have this message anymore. So if, just like before I used this command, bsod's aren't happening anymore, the problem is solved. I'll tell you if it was only luck that I did not get any bsod x).

Anyway, thanks for your help :) I would have never think about drivers after the Windows reset, but it seems it was really the cause.

Cool although the video above basically was the same solution but it's no matter you have it fixed and thats what does matter. If any issues should re-occur then post back.

Hi,

After a month without any bsod, they are coming again...
This time, they even occur during boot. But after many attempts, I don't get any other bsod. Strange that it chain bsod and suddendly stop. I joined the dumpfiles. It still shows "memory management" or "not handled" stuff.

Edit : I just get a new bsod : attempted to write on read only memory.

Attachments

• W7F_04-01-2016.rar
    1,018 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Code:

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800b2c4e516, ffffd000a7420750, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::OpenAllocations+53 )

Hi,
you had many different bugchecks and this is just basically the last one in the pile. All blamed the system kernel apart from this one which blames the graphics. the above bugcheck is usually caused by a faulty system service and/or drivers.

bcmwl664.sys Fri Jan 22 03:30:58 2010: Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter - Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card
You have some slightly later versions on the support page so might be worth trying:
Product Support | Dell US

HECIx64.sys Wed Oct 20 00:33:43 2010: Intel management engine driver. Try updating this driver using your system support page. Link is above.

Try reinstalling the gpu driver using this app to first remove it. This will clean out any other versions too:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.2.2 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

Do Not Use Applications to find your drivers. It's an unreliable method and your better off looking for the actual updates themselves.

Please run a chkdsk to make sure your HDD is running fine. Whichever method you use in the following guide pleasae make sure you check for and repair broken sectors.
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

Last edited:
Thanks for your fast reply.

I've done what you ask me for the graphic driver. Seems good now, but I'll do the chkdsk this night, I think it takes quite a long time.

I'll tell you if it happens again.

Ok but you really need to consider updating those drivers i specified. The versions on the support page although old are later versions than the versions I post above. Are these the ones you tried already?

I installed the "Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card" and the "Intel management engine driver" as you told me (Well, I think I did it properly :x ), using the link you posted first : Product Support | Dell US

And I used the software you posted to do a clean reinstall of the gpu driver. I just need to do the chkdsk now.

Last edited:
Excellent! Now let's hope your bsod free. Post back of course if not..

Code:

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff801571a8330, ffffd001f6863880, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys
Probably caused by : aswSnx.sys ( aswSnx+78330 )

Hi,
out of the dump files dated this year, two were too corrupted to open, two related to the kernel and two related to network with the above naming the only driver mentioned.
aswSnx.sys Tue Dec 01 08:51:45 2015: Avast! Virtualization Driver. Please uninstall Avastand just use the onboard Defender for now as that's super stable.

Back