Windows 7 sfc /scannow - have some issues that I can't fix

Gil, when you first installed 7, did you upgrade or do a clean install?

I'm afraid to mess with the system too much... it is stable but with an issue I mentioned earlier and now from some reason some stuff takes too much time to load like office outlook

I'm going out on a limb here and guess that you did an upgrade. I can't find where you said you did a clean install... and ALL this mess you are dealing with is so typical of upgrading. You have two options... 1. live with it, be afraid every time you turn your system on that it may not boot up or... 2. backup and do a clean install and go on to enjoy the things you would normally do if you weren't working on and waiting on your system to respond.

You have two options... 1. live with it, be afraid every time you turn your system on that it may not boot up or... 2. backup and do a clean install and go on to enjoy the things you would normally do if you weren't working on and waiting on your system to respond.

Ditto... It's what i would have done ages ago...

I'm telling you I did a clean install. A real clean install... when you format your hard drive and all of that... there's no cleaner then that.

Hi Gil80,
try using the repair utility. Change your boot order to boot from disk then reboot with the disk in the drive remembering to press any key when prompted. When you reach the install page click on repair instead..
Another way you could try and fix this is to re-install but using the 'upgrade' method that way you won't lose your files and folders..

Back