SFTP Mapped To Network Drive

Will2238

The other day I created an FTP server for file sharing, I map it to a network drive and Windows warns me that FTP is not secure. I look into it and decide to upgrade to SFTP instead, then I find out windows cannot map SFTP natively. So, my question is what is the best solution to map the SFTP server to a a drive letter? I have already tried Swish and it does not map to a drive letter. Also, I created a feature request in the Windows Feedback Hub that you can upvote to hopefully have it added soon, just open the Windows Feedback Hub and search SFTP in All Categories.

I doubt Windows will add SFTP to mapped drive support anytime soon unfortunately.

There's a few third part options however:

ExpanDrive
NetDrive
win-sshfs

I don't know which is "the best", try them all and let us know :)

I doubt Windows will add SFTP to mapped drive support anytime soon unfortunately.

There's a few third part options however:

ExpanDrive
NetDrive
win-sshfs

I don't know which is "the best", try them all and let us know :)
Thanks for the reply and software to look at. I hope other people want this too and upvote my feedback so I won't need to use a third party solution.

If you are still stuck and need other 3rd party option suggestions, I can recommend WebDrive. I have used it for years and while it isn't free, I found the cost reasonable when I purchased and I have never had any issues with it.

Did you try the other options mentioned? Curious to know what you think, as I am always looking to try new things!

Back