Windows 10 shared folders lost after windows updates

jorge3112

I am on W10 and all my home computers are in a home network (cabled).
after each w10 update my shared drives/ folders disappear from" Network"
If I enable protocol SMB1/ my folders/ network reappear and stay even if I disable protocol SMB1.
Can anyone enlighten me?

Yup either the April or May patches will disable SMBv1. There are some major vulnerabilities with it and it should be disabled.

You should only need 'computer brower', workstation, SSDP, the two function discovery discovery services enabled and File and Print Sharing enabled under the network adapter to be able to see shares

Hello
Perhaps i was not clear enough
I am in a home network, cabled;it's been in place for at least two years,s and in windows 10, all recent updates done
I AM NOT USING THE SMB1 PROTOCOL! as I am aware it poses security problems.
Every one or two months (perhaps coinciding with w10 updates) my network dissappear!
Parameters (shared folders,discovery etc) have not changed .
the only solution I have found is to "cycle" SMB1 protocol.
I enable it, restart the pc, my network is back, I disable SMB protocol, restart the pc, and my network stays there for a month or two...

Sorry I have to update my comments, there are no longer true.
I cannot have my networks if I do not enable SMB1
As to the service "computer browser" it appears listed only if I enable SMB1 protocol

Computer browser only listed under services if I enable SMB1!
function discovery provider host and FD resource publications are enabled discovery services does not exist as such, or I cannot find it, everything else is as you suggested . I can access my shared printers only files disappear, files and printer sharing are obviously enabled in sharing options

Back
Top Bottom