Windows 7 Sharing a WiFi connection to an ethernet connection.

Nige111

It's sort of complicated, when I was using XP I would set my wifi connection to share to my ethernet connection which is connected to my PS3 (not a word. :mad:), Now in windows 7, on the properties of the wifi connection, there's no sharing tab, which means I can't get online with my PS3 (it's just a little too far out of range to get a good wifi signal).

I've tried bridging the connections but that didn't make any difference.

Oddly enough, I can access the media server from my PS3 when it's on wired or wifi connection, but my PS3 doesn't get assigned an IP address and can't get online.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can do that. Please tell me how. I have a laptop with no wireless and if i could get my wireless laptop to share it through ethernet instead of going to my router. Please tell me how.

You can do that. Please tell me how. I have a laptop with no wireless and if i could get my wireless laptop to share it through ethernet instead of going to my router. Please tell me how.
Yeah, sure.

Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > Right Click the wifi connection > properties > Sharing tab > tick the two boxes > Settings > Tick and confirm every option in the list > OK > OK.

Should work then.

Back