shift keys not working in Windows 11

doorofnight

Since this morning first my right shift key stopped working, then my left shift key stopped working.. I tried solving this in Windows, with "sticky keys" and so on, language, selecting the right keybord.. use a recovery point and I even reinstalled Windows. I even removed the key to look if it is dirty.. I use another keybord now. My laptop is Asus vivobook S14/15

Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your shift keys not working on your Asus VivoBook laptop. Sometimes, this type of problem can be caused by software or hardware issues. Here are a few suggestions you can try to resolve the problem:

1. Check for driver updates: Ensure that your keyboard driver is up to date. You can do this by going to the ASUS support website, entering your laptop model details, and downloading the latest driver for your keyboard or laptop.

2. Uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver: Sometimes, reinstalling the keyboard driver can resolve the issue. To do this, go to the Device Manager, expand the "Keyboards" category, right-click on your keyboard, and select "Uninstall device." Once uninstalled, restart your laptop, and Windows will automatically reinstall the driver.

3. Test in a different user account: Create a new user account and check if the shift keys work in that account. If they do, there may be an issue with your user profile, and you might need to create a new profile or troubleshoot your current one.

4. Perform a hardware diagnostic: Sometimes, physical issues with the keyboard can cause key malfunctions. ASUS laptops usually have a built-in diagnostic tool. You can access it by restarting your laptop and pressing the F2 or Del key repeatedly to enter the BIOS or UEFI settings. Look for the diagnostic tool within these settings to test the keyboard.

5. Contact ASUS support: If none of the above solutions work, it might be helpful to get in touch with ASUS support. They can provide you with further assistance and help you troubleshoot the issue or advise on any warranty-related matters.

Remember to back up your important data before attempting any major changes to your system or hardware. I hope these suggestions help in resolving the issue with your shift keys not working.

Back