Windows 7 Should I upgrade my Vista installation now or not?

sevensteps

Has anybody already upgraded their installation? I've got a PDC copy of Win7 and bought myself a new HP Touchsmart as my main machine. I've got it all up and running on Vista and am contemplating installing Win7 as my operating system. I want to start developing for win7 using visual studio 2008 now and that would be so easier if win7 is the main OS (i've got it in a virtualbox already, but that doesn't seem to support multi touch).

Any answer would be very welcome.

Ps: I use MS software only. And if Outlook, Word and VS runs fine, I'm happy.

Bye,
Bart

I would NOT install it as your main OS, especially since there's no way to get around the 30-Day Trial period at this point.

if you still have youre beta key for windows vista you can us this to activate windows 7. It worked for me. i post a screenshot as proof tonight.
Sorry for my bad english i from belgium :lol:

I believe you, I was reading up and I put all of mine in but they were used too many times.
I need a new one :(

Thanks a bunch man, worked perfect.
So yeah, if you have a vista beta key, you can register your copy.

I had a vista beta key, but seems like I lost the email. :( Oh well, I guess I'll have to see if I have it somewhere.

I would NOT install it as your main OS, especially since there's no way to get around the 30-Day Trial period at this point.

I agree insofar as installing it as your main OS. However, there are ways to get around the 30 day trial period.

I'm actually using it as my main on my laptop, and yes, mine's good til August 1st 2009. So there are ways to circumvent the 30 day period now.

Woo! thanks a lot. I guess I should have paid more attention to Microsoft telling me to keep the Vista beta keys.

Re

If u still are using windows vista beta u need to upgrade to a proper version of windows vista or download and install the new windows 7 beta

Last edited:
I am using windows 7 but Vista Beta keys work to activate windows 7 to

doesnt matter now ive activated it

someone told me you can put X's in it.... XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
& it'll last 90-120 days?

idk if it works or not...
just read it across teh net

Back
Top Bottom