Windows 7 Should you install Linux alongside Windows?

Well,I certainly would not buy a Linux computer. Linux is just not user friendly and too difficult to use. I am not surprised your friend had difficulties with it. If you are buying a computer for the first time or even if you are not a first time user it is better to buy Windows not Linux. As there is just too many problems with this difficult to use operating system.

I find that I cannot do anything on Linux except browse the web and you can do that on Windows.

And the system of Linux using the terminal that did not even work for me and most ordinary people like myself cannot do this anyway. If you want my advice, stay with Windows,you are much better off. Andrea Borman.

Well,I certainly would not buy a Linux computer. Linux is just not user friendly and too difficult to use. I am not surprised your friend had difficulties with it. If you are buying a computer for the first time or even if you are not a first time user it is better to buy Windows not Linux. As there is just too many problems with this difficult to use operating system.

I find that I cannot do anything on Linux except browse the web and you can do that on Windows.

And the system of Linux using the terminal that did not even work for me and most ordinary people like myself cannot do this anyway. If you want my advice, stay with Windows,you are much better off. Andrea Borman.
Nevermind *sigh*

You need to learn how to use from basic and so does in Windows or Linux.

And this why i don't understand, why would some people want easiness without trying to care/learn what exactly is happen in the background thing?

Although it's fine with wanting easiness in using OS but you shouldn't be drown in/relaxed by that easiness because if some trouble / disaster come (like crashed update) you wouldn't know what to do ("It was always easy before, why is it become difficult now?").

And so, just because you're having difficulties in using Linux (or doesn't have experience), don't just blame Linux for it. That's why there's always a warning "Use it at your own risks" when you install some software.

This thread should be titled "My experience with Linux and Windows.". That's the best, i would think as.

Well,Linux is not the same as Windows. It is not user friendly and very difficult to use. Linux is also very slow and crashes and freezes a lot. That is what I found when I used it.I have got Windows 7 and it has never crashed on me.On Windows the only crash I have had is when I installed a wrong web browser. But that does not take down the whole system unlike on Linux. That is, on Windows it is just the browser that crashed, but not Windows. But on Linux I often found the WHOLE operating system crashed or froze.

And it takes twice as long to install updates and software on Linux compared to Windows. And there is not much choice of software on Linux. And you can't just download it from the Internet like you can on Windows. So basically,if the software you want is not in the package manager,then you cannot have it. And on Linux,you have to log in with a password and enter it every time you do some thing on your own computer. But on Windows you do not have to have a password if you don't want one. So I don't. I just turn on my computer and go, and I don't have any passwords on my Windows.
On I already mentioned how slow the Linux operating system is and most brands of Linux don't even have a start menu. On Ubuntu I could not even find the settings for this reason.

On Linux Mint it is a bit easier because their start menu looks like Windows.And they also have a search bar. But it is nowhere near as good as Windows search. And did not work either. And on Linux I sat for hours on my computer trying to figure out how to use it. But I don't have these problems on Windows and neither do most people.

So the answer is to stay with Windows,because if you gave up your Windows for Linux. You will be sorry that you did. Because it is not user friendly at all. And it is not as good as Windows. Andrea Borman.

Back