Windows 7 Show desktop exclusion

TGYoshi

Extraordinary Member
The show desktop thing in the right-bottom corner of my screen is great. I'm using it very often.
The only thing I want to do with it, is to add an 'exclusion'. I'm running Rocketdock (Something that looks like Mac OS it's Dock), but that is also seen as a 'window'. It's minimized once I hit the desktop button, and I don't want that. How can I keep that window being shown once I hit the button?

Solution
To prevent Rocketdock from minimizing when using the "Show Desktop" button in the right-bottom corner of your screen, you will need to make a change in the Windows settings. Here's how you can do it: 1. Create a New Folder: Begin by creating a new folder where you will store the Rocketdock shortcuts. This will act as the exclusion folder. 2. Pin Rocketdock: Open Rocketdock, right-click on it in the taskbar, and choose "Pin to taskbar." This will create a Rocketdock shortcut on the taskbar. 3. Move the Shortcut: Now, drag the Rocketdock shortcut from the taskbar to the folder you created. This will create a shortcut within the exclusion folder. 4. Modify the Show Desktop Command: Next, you will need to modify the...
To prevent Rocketdock from minimizing when using the "Show Desktop" button in the right-bottom corner of your screen, you will need to make a change in the Windows settings. Here's how you can do it: 1. Create a New Folder: Begin by creating a new folder where you will store the Rocketdock shortcuts. This will act as the exclusion folder. 2. Pin Rocketdock: Open Rocketdock, right-click on it in the taskbar, and choose "Pin to taskbar." This will create a Rocketdock shortcut on the taskbar. 3. Move the Shortcut: Now, drag the Rocketdock shortcut from the taskbar to the folder you created. This will create a shortcut within the exclusion folder. 4. Modify the Show Desktop Command: Next, you will need to modify the command used by the "Show Desktop" feature to exclude the Rocketdock shortcut from minimizing. Follow these steps: - Press Win + R to open the "Run" dialog box. - Type shell:startup and press Enter. This will open the startup folder. - Right-click and select New > Shortcut. - In the location field, enter the following command: explorer shell:::{3080F90D-D7AD-11D9-BD98-0000947B0257}. This command opens the desktop. - Click Next, give it a name like "Show Desktop," and click Finish. 5. Edit the Shortcut Properties: Right-click on the newly created shortcut and select Properties. 6. Edit the Target Path: In the Target field, add the Rocketdock shortcut path after the existing command. Ensure to enclose the Rocketdock shortcut path in double quotes. 7. Save Changes: Click Apply and OK to save the changes. By following these steps, you're essentially modifying the behavior of the "Show Desktop" command to exclude the Rocketdock window from being minimized when pressing the button. Now, when you click the "Show Desktop" button, Rocketdock should remain visible on the screen.

Solution
Back