Windows 10 Showing more than one Recovery Partitions

Why showing more than one patition named Recovery Partition?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
upload_2015-7-31_14-15-9.png

You can have as many as you have hdd space to make them... is that a dual boot, I would make an image instead as I very much doubt they will work now.
p.s. looks like the big 18g is your factory reset drive... don't delete that one.

You might try opening an administrative command prompt from each OS in turn and type the command below. It may give you some information on how the recovery options are configured.

reagentc /info

My factory reset (16GB partition) is still on my HD. I want to use it? Is there a way to make my laptop boot up and use the recovery partition to reset to factory defaults? The Windows 10 upgrade has "disconnected" my F3 key from my recovery partion that contains Windows 8.1, if that makes any sense. Now I can't boot up, hit F3, and restore to factory settings. Any ideas for me on how to accomplish this? The factory recovery partition has about four .swm files in it.

The exact steps for doing factory reset are different for every maker and you havent told us what your system brand/ model/ specs are.
If you have an Asus the odds are very good but I'd make a image backup first reguardless of what system you have because it's very easy to bugger a recovery system.

P.s windows 10 blocks the recovery keys because you agreed to the terms when you installed it and one of those was locking your system into using 10 with that key.

Back
Top Bottom