Windows 7 Simon the Sorcerer 4 Windows Installer Error

LeChimp

I'm trying to install Simon the Sorcerer 4 under Windows 7 Home Premium, and it gets right to the end and just after creating the shortcuts I get the following error:

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action tages_driver_32, location: C:\Windows\...\MSID32.tmp, command: x

It then rollsback the setup. I've tried running setup directly and running it in compat mode, and as admin still get the same thing though. Its only this one game that i'm having this problem with. Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on it.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT and have 4GB RAM.

Edit: Its the 32 bit of Windows.

Last edited:
Simon 4 cannot be installed under Windows 7

I had the same problem under Windows 7 Home Premium x86.
After rebooting my computer I got a message about the shutdown of a not compatible driver.
I discovered a Tagès driver as reason for this behavior.
As it is a copy protection I realized the connection to Simon 4.

Here is my solution:
1. Update the already installed Tagès driver to the current version: TAGES, the AAA Copy Protection System
2. Install Simon 4
3. Install Simon 4 v1.1 update
4. Enjoy Simon 4

I had the same problem under Windows 7 Home Premium x86.
After rebooting my computer I got a message about the shutdown of a not compatible driver.
I discovered a Tagès driver as reason for this behavior.
As it is a copy protection I realized the connection to Simon 4.

Here is my solution:
1. Update the already installed Tagès driver to the current version: TAGES, the AAA Copy Protection System
2. Install Simon 4
4. Enjoy Simon 4

I'll give it ago, and post back. I didnt relise there was a patch for the english version of Simon 4.

Edit: I've got the game installed now. Thanks Helibaby. :)

Last edited:
Hi guys! Hope someone can help? I'm kinda new to all this... my Simon game also doesn't want to work and I've read the advice but to be honest... I don't know where the drive is that you guys are talking about...:confused:

Tages AAA Copy Protection System driver update

Hi strawberry,

in my post I was talking about a driver that is neccessary to run a program using the "TAGES AAA Copy Protection System". The driver is installed during the installation process of "Simon 4". But that version is outdated.
You can get an update via the URL I gave in my first post in point 1.
On the "Drivers" page you can download the actual Windows 7 compatible driver.

Regards Helibaby

Can anyone post a link to the english 1.1 update/patch? I can only find the german one...

HELLLLLOOOOO any one ???? i have looked bloody everywhere for the patch for simon the sorcerer 4 v1.1 i can only find the german one i would really like to get the game working will someone please reply with a link ??? thank you so much

Re: Simon 4 cannot be installed under Windows 7

Here is my solution:
2. Install Simon 4
4. Enjoy Simon 4[/QUOTE]

you have said that this patch is here?? where is the link for it ????

Re: Simon 4 cannot be installed under Windows 7

Here is my solution:
2. Install Simon 4
4. Enjoy Simon 4[/QUOTE]

you have said that this patch is here?? where is the link for it ????

Hi guys.

I have found a solution to Simon The Sorcerer- Choas Happens problem not being able to be installed on Windows 7.

Steps:
1. Insert disc
2. Click on Start-button and then click on Computer.
3. Right click on Simon the Sorcerer object/icon and select Open.
4. Right click on Simon The Sorcerer- Chaos Happens and select Properties.
5. Once the Properties dialog box is open on your Windows 7, click on Compatibility-tab and the tick the square box that has following texts: "Run this program in compatibility mode for:". Choose Previous version of Windows in Drop-down list. Click Ok at bottom of dialog box.
6. Then go to TagesSetup and just install (double-click on it) that setup and when you done go back to Simon the Sorcerer- Chaos Happens and right-click on it and select Install.

It should install and you can happily play without downloading patches and waste data.

Back
Top Bottom