Windows 7 Single or Multiple Hard Drives for Best Performance

dfcredo

I just rebuilt my desktop and installed Windows 7. I had thought to put My Pictures and My Music on separate Hard Drives from the Operating System and everything else; OR would performance be better with all on one hard drive and backing up the My Music and My Pictures to separate Hard Drives?
I'm using i7 processor with 8G RAM and 500GB hard drives (3); with a 1 Tetrabit External MyBook.
Thanks for your consideration.
Dave

With such good specs, it shouldn't really matter, though having 1.5 GB worth of hard disk space may cause slight delays when trying to perform certain functions.
Cheers :D

With such good specs, it shouldn't really matter, though having 1.5 GB worth of hard disk space may cause slight delays when trying to perform certain functions.
Cheers :D

With 8 gig of RAM you are probably not caching to your hard drive. If you are, set the pointer to drive other than your system drive. It will improve performance.

Does not make any difference which drive you put things on they will all play or work the same unless of course you put them onto a slower drive. so if you get another drive internal or external make sure it is a fast one at least as fast as your C drive
I have five drives.

Back