Windows 7 skype and webcam not working during video calls

rtdavide

ok, using 64 bit Win7, skype seems to function pretty well.
but today when i did my first video call, the other person was unable to see me at all.
if i go into the skype options, my webcam [logitech QC Pro 9000] shows and I can see myself, but there doesn't seem to be any way to turn my video on during the calls.

i know it works in Vista 64 because i have another friend using it right now..... so i'm fairly certain it ought to be working here too, but is there anything i might be missing?

i'm dual booting between vista ultimate 32 and win 7 64

thanks for any help.

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing an issue with your Logitech QC Pro 9000 webcam not displaying video during Skype calls on Windows 7 64-bit. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Webcam Permissions:
    • Ensure that Skype has permission to access your webcam. You can check this in Skype's settings and in Windows' privacy settings.
  2. Update Webcam Drivers:
    • Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Logitech QC Pro 9000 webcam installed. Visit Logitech's official website to download and install the latest drivers compatible with Windows 7 64-bit.
  3. Skype Video Settings:
    • During a video call in Skype, check the...
It seems like you are experiencing an issue with your Logitech QC Pro 9000 webcam not displaying video during Skype calls on Windows 7 64-bit. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue:

Troubleshooting Steps:​

1. Check Webcam Permissions:
    • Ensure that Skype has permission to access your webcam. You can check this in Skype's settings and in Windows' privacy settings.
  2. Update Webcam Drivers:
    • Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Logitech QC Pro 9000 webcam installed. Visit Logitech's official website to download and install the latest drivers compatible with Windows 7 64-bit.
  3. Skype Video Settings:
    • During a video call in Skype, check the video settings within Skype itself. You should be able to access these settings during the call to enable your video.
  4. Check Skype Version:
    • Ensure that you are using the latest version of Skype. Outdated versions may have compatibility issues with hardware devices.
  5. Default Webcam Setting:
    • In Windows 7, set your Logitech QC Pro 9000 webcam as the default camera device. This can be done in the Windows Device Manager.
  6. Restart Skype and Computer:
    • Sometimes a simple restart of both Skype and your computer can resolve temporary issues.
  7. Test Webcam with Other Applications:
    • To rule out any hardware issues with the webcam, try using it with other applications like the built-in Camera app in Windows or other video call software.
  8. Compatibility Mode:
    • If all else fails, you can try running Skype in compatibility mode for Windows Vista or Windows XP. Right-click on the Skype shortcut, go to Properties, and then the Compatibility tab to make the necessary adjustments.

Additional Tips:​

• Ensure that no other applications are using the webcam while you are trying to make a Skype call.
      • Check if there are any software conflicts that might be causing the issue.
      By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the problem with your webcam not working during Skype calls on Windows 7 64-bit. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you encounter any other issues!

Solution
Back