Windows 8 Skype Offering 1-year Premium Service for Free

Skype currently has a fairly sweet promotion going on. They are offering 1-year of premium service for free to anyone who submits their email on their promo site.

Skype premium extends the free experience by offering group video calls, group screen sharing, dropping advertisements and throwing in live chat customer support.

We here at WindowsForum.com benefit greatly from these features as they help increase productivity during staff meetings. Most people could also take advantage of these features, for example you could chat face-to-face with your all of your family members worldwide in a group .

Even if you couldn't benefit from these features, it's worth signing up for just to ditch advertisements. Check out the promo below, which is about a $100 value, yours free:
https://collaboration.skype.com/promotion/

It would sound good to me, except that I had a 1 year paid subscription once, and never got to use it once. The apparent reason was that the phones that I bought weren't compatible, yet they specifically advertised themselves as being Skype phones. When I requested tech support, they more or less ignored me, so I ended up paying for a year of nothing. On top of that, they attempted to charge me for an additional year, after I had canceled their service.

Sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. None of the premium features are available on mobile with the exception of maybe removing ads from the iOS/Android apps.

Back
Top Bottom