Windows 7 Sleepmode - wake up only with power button?

BobDobalina

Hi,

today i put my computer on sleepmode and then left home. When i came back some hours later, the computer was running and the monitor showed me the loggin-window. It looks like something woke my computer up. As I foudn out, windows 7 regular uses usb-devices like mouse and keyboard to wake up. Is there an easy option, that my computer can only wake up via pressing the power button again?

Windows: How To Turn Off Keyboard and Mouse Wake up During Sleep Mode

sshot-38.jpg

This feature is handy if you want to easily get your system out of Sleep Mode. But, the slightest movement of the mouse or even a cat walking on the keyboard will wake it up.

If you put your computer in Sleep Mode when you’re not using it, by default you just need to wiggle your mouse or tap a key on the keyboard to wake it up again. But the slightest movement of the mouse or even, say, just a cat walking on the keyboard will wake it up, too. That gets annoying.
These steps will prevent anything other than the power button from awakening your computer.
First start with the mouse. Click Start >> Control Panel. Click on Mouse.

sshot-112.jpg

The Mouse Properties window comes up. Click the Hardware tab. Then click Properties.

sshot-29.jpg

On the next screen, select Power Management. Uncheck the option to Allow This Device to Wake the Computer.

Click OK.

sshot-38.jpg

Now for the keyboard your cat walks on at night. In Control Panel, click Keyboard.

sshot-48.jpg

Keyboard Properties comes up. Select the Hardware tab. Click Properties.

sshot-510.jpg

Next select the Power Management tab. Uncheck the option Allow This Device to Wake the Computer. Hit OK.

sshot-69.jpg

That's it!

Back