Windows 7 Slow Monitor activation...

I never used any KVM but don't those have firmware/drivers for them? If so, I'd also make sure you're using the latest of each for it.

Other than that, I've noticed (through forums/threads) KVMs causing all types of issues. Digerati's advice of trying without it is very good and accurate.

That's odd. I did look first on the US site, then when I did not find it, I went to the global site expecting that to list all globally, but got, Sorry, no search results were found for W2243S - guess my definition of global means something different from LG's. :(

I will try without KVM like you said however if other monitors cope why not a newer model?
If not the drivers, and as TorrentG correctly mentioned, it probably has to do with "sensitivity" thresholds, where this LG is less sensitive and requires a stronger signal, or less tolerant of irregularities, like excessive capacitance and inductance.

Update... I added the new lead without the KVM & still same problem. I replied back to LG & they asked me to call there tech support center & asked me to do something. They asked me to load up my computer & wait until the monitor activates, asked me to do 2 things. First one was take out my VGA lead & then re connect it & see if my monitor comes strait back on.. It didnt. Then he asked me to do the power lead & same thing, it failed to activate for a while before it eventually activated. So he concluded they is a fault with the monitor & there going to contact me with with a exchange time as they come to you & swap it at your door. So im not getting the exact same monitor back & to be honest im not to arsed :p but getting a Like for Like in specs & so on. Hopefully this will be silver as the original one i wanted was in silver but was out of stock & had to settle for a T version & not the P.

So, i will most likely reply back on what monitor i got in exchange & if all is working sweet again.

Thanks for all your help & support :D

So he concluded they is a fault with the monitor & there going to contact me with with a exchange time as they come to you & swap it at your door.
I think that's a good thing and hopefully you will be satisfied with the new one. Keep us posted.

Right :D LG replaced my monitor with a different model & said it would be a new model & one as close to your specs as we could get so i was a little weary. Anyways i had a FLATRON W2243S which had the HD high resolution of the 1960x1050.

Well what they swapped it with is a FLATRON W2286L & i am bloody amazed, its like an upgrade. No dead pixels, Widescreen but not to wide which i like. Dosnt have buttons but touch sensor technology so no more power buttons falling off :p. The max resolution is 1680x1050 slightly less than the other but i dont like it any higher than 1280x1024 so :D

I also googled this & the cheapest price i could find was from ebuyer which i always buy from for most things at £179'99, a whole £70 more than it cost me for my original one.

You can find the spec's here

It starts up & I'm also very happy about the ports at the back, Headphone, 2x HDMI 1x DVI-D & a VGA.. My xbox looks amazing on it btw :D

Glad to hear that this was resolved to your satisfaction. That's great how the replacement doesn't exhibit the original problem. Thanks for keeping us informed as it was interesting! Enjoy!

Even the best maker's can have an occasional product fail. How they handle that failure and treat their customers often becomes the deciding factor in whether or not you buy from that company again. I would say LG has earned a few brownie points this time.

Thanks for the followup.

Your welcome & just to let you know i tested it using the KVM & it worked fine also so it must of been a fault with it. But after first testing using the dvi i noticed a nice quality image increase so i kept it :D

Thanks again guys & dont worry, i shall be back with more problems win7 related :D

Back
Top Bottom