Windows 7 So, when is the RC of W7 set to be released?

Bryce

I would go download the latest build off a torrent, but I'm lazy and will just wait til I know for sure my surround sound will work in it. Anyone think the RC build will fix a lot of the hardware issues? The only problem I have with W7 Build 7000 is that my onboard surround sound doesn't work (5.1). So, it's Vista 64bit until it works in 7. So, you think the RC Build will have that working or what? I've got an ASUS P5Q motherboard, and the surround sound doesn't work yet in W7.

The latest rumor is May. Seems like a good source.

Really there's no reason to wait. 7057 or 7068 is very stable.

I didn't think those were public o_O

And the only reason I'm waiting is because I wanna make sure my surround sound will work in Win7. It's onboard 5.1 surround sound (Asus P5Q SEPLUS mobo).

I wouldn't expect too much to be in the RC that isn't in the periodic builds. Anything they may be saving back will likely be self-contained bits that can be just chucked in.

I didn't think those were public o_O

And the only reason I'm waiting is because I wanna make sure my surround sound will work in Win7. It's onboard 5.1 surround sound (Asus P5Q SEPLUS mobo).

Have you tried using Windows Vista drivers for your motherboard with Windows 7 installed? Some have had to do that to get certain components working until Windows 7 specific drivers are released... ;)

I have, doesn't work. Though all the other vista drivers for win7 seem to work for me.

If I can get a 7068 download of 64bit Win7 I'll switch again lols

Odd that they didn't work... that board isn't that old... ;) I wouldn't bother downloading a daily/interim build.. I'd suggest just waiting for the RC to be released.. not only will it be even more stable than all these daily builds but it will most likely solve your audio issue as well.. :)

Yea, it's new, I just did build this computer a month or three ago. I'll just wait :(

Not much longer to wait now.. ;) The end of May is the rumoured release time for the RC to the general public.. a little bit earlier for those of us with good connections.. ;) But none the less, not too long to wait now.. in the meantime Build 7000 gets the job done and then some.. :) I know how frustrating it can be to wait though...

Back
Top Bottom