Windows 7 Software Compatible With Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)

Bodyroc

This came from the Microsoft Windows 7 Support Forums.

Software Compatible With Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)

I am beginning this list with first hand knowledge as I have installed and used these programs personally. I encourage all members to add to this list, but please be sure that you provide accurate information as incompatible programs may corrupt the operating system. All Logitech software I have tried has not been compatible, however it did not create any conflicts. Do not download HP printer software as you will likely lose your DNS and have no internet connection!!! As I do contract work for HP I have been informed that they will not be releasing any W7 software until after December when the full W7 version is released. The only resolution I found was a clean install. Sincerely, Webmaster
AVG Free Anti Virus
Trend Micro
Mc Afee
F-SECURE
PANDA SECURITY
Kaspersky
Norton
Avast
Spybot Search & Destroy
Microsoft Office 2007
Crysis Warhead
Mozilla Firefox
ATF-Cleaner
Google Earth
Limewire 4.18.8
Java Runtime Environment Version 6
CCleaner 2.19.901
OpenOffice.org 3.1.0
Nero 8
Google SketchUp 7
Gimp 2.6.6
Microsoft Worldwide Telescope
Defraggler v1.10.143
Picasa 3
Recuva 1.26.416
Team Viewer 4
Portal The First Slice
Steam
Adobe Reader 9.1
Microsoft Process Monitor v.2.04
Audacity 1.2.6
NASA World Wind 1.4.0
Celestia 1.5.1
Second Life 1.22.11
dopdf (pdf converter)
PrimoPDF 4.1.0.9 (pdf converter)
DVD Shrink 3.2
Any Video Converter 2.7.3
CAD Standard Lite 3.7.0
RAR Extract Frog 1
IcoFX 1.6.4 (Icon Maker)
CD Burner XP 4.2.4
Microsoft Silverlight 2
Half-Life 2 Lost Coast
Half-Life 2 Deathmatch
HiJack This
Opera 9.6
Safari (Apple Web Browser)
All K-Lite Codec Packs
Myst URU
Genisis Rising
GTA San Andraes
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Call of Duty
Empire Earth 2
Titan Quest
Titan Quest Immortal Throne
Flashpeak SlimBrowser

Yahoo software

I had the McAfee program through yahoo. It will not work with Win7. I need to re-install it, but I can't access yahoo software page.

"AT&T Yahoo! software is not currently available for your operating system.

If you wish to install AT&T Yahoo! software on another
computer which is supported, please revisit the AT&T Yahoo! Software Center."

Anyone know what's the best solution? I tried to access through my windows.old files but wouldn't work.

NO IKU either

I can't get my Iku player to work in Windows 7. I tried to use the compatibility options for Vista and XP and it's not working.

you can add xilisoft media conveter, pismo file mount audit package (iso mounter like daemon tools), and rocket dock

These are working for me. I don't know about 32-bit since I'm using W7 x64.

Winamp 5.56 - Earlier versions don't work right.
ImgBurn 2.5.0.0
ConvertXtoDVD 3.4.7.121
Anim8or v0.95
SUPERAntiSpyware Free 4.27.1002
HalfMoon Calendar 1.1.0.4
WinRAR 3.80
Hoyle Board and Puzzle Games 2005
OpenOffice.org 3.0
Eset Smart Security v4
SpywareBlaster v4.2
uTorrent 1.8.3

Logitech QuickCam v11.5 disabled my Taskbar and Desktop Icons. The only way I could get them back was to boot into Safe mode and do a System Restore. When I called Logitech they refused to even try to help me. They said a few people in forums were having a little bit of luck. I was able to get it to work with Skype and Yahoo Messenger by doing what was suggested in this thread.

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-hardware/1094-logitech-quickcam-express-doesnt-work-all.html
Post #18

Last edited:
you can add xilisoft media conveter, pismo file mount audit package (iso mounter like daemon tools), and rocket dock

Naw, I don't want to mess around with converting right now. But this simple FLV player seems to work for me at this time.

Free FLV player

Had to install CCleaner and AVS for now until yahoo gets it together.

I know I need to test webcams, but I don't wanna. :( I remember how bad that was for Vista.

windows live messenger

I can't insert password to login.

I am using a 64 bit version of Windows7 on a AMD computer.

msn version 2009 build 14.0.8064.206

>>> I have discovered that the automatic signin was checked, once I unchecked that box I was able to enter a password, might be a bug with MSN itself.

Last edited:
My Windows 7 is full of remarkable programs

I've got dozens of software on my Windows 7 32 and 64bits. Here are some of them, completely compatible with this operation system:

Firefox 3.5.3 - works perfectly, without delay and bugs. (I have not data about other versions)

Mil Shield 7.1 - works perfectly, without delay and bugs. (version 7.0 works on Windows 7 too but older versions than 7.0 work on Vista, XP, and the rest systems only)

Lavalys Everest 5.02 - works perfectly, without delay and bugs. (version 5.01 and 5.00 work on Windows 7 too but I have not data about the rest versions)

Back