Windows 7 Solution to Long Boot time problem after Win 7 Boot animation

cppxaxa

Hello Everyone ....

The problem is Windows 7 takes time(more) to get into login screen from Win7 boot animation.

Note - This only works for HDD ( Hard Drive ). For SSD just arrangement(quick defragmentation) is more than enough.

This problem is shown by many notebooks with great hardwares.
Even though computers having more than sufficient hardware status, they get this problem.
ASUS Notebooks have probabilities to have this problem(don't know why ... its just analysis)

So proceeding to solution...
Sections:
People having less files/folders in boot drive
People having thousands/millions of files and folder of data in boot drive
Note: Size nearly doesn't matter as Big files are read/write at good speed.

We are going to arrange data in hard drive for faster boot up.
I don't know people believe this idea or not but it really works.
If you want to make out more from HDD , arrangment gives raw performance.

We are going to use Ultimate Defrag 3.
Its the only tool I know/use to arrange files in hard drive partition.
I'm not going to use CONSOLIDATE method in order to decrease time.

Open up Ultimate Defrag 3.

For people having less files/folders on their boot drive

Select Defragmentation Method as "AUTO" in left pane.
Open Settings (also in Tool > Setting)
Get to default tab - General

In High Performance group check Automatic then put a number between 5 to 15 and then choose "% Most Frequently Used data" in right combo box.
Choose "Very fast placement" option for fast arrangements.
FragProtect is optional.( I don't use it but its good)

In Archieve group check Automatic then put number between 1 to 5 % Least Frequently Used Data and very fast placement.

In Excluded files check Custom and click Select Files and then Search for the folders having lots of small files like My Kaspersky Databases at "C:\Programs Data\Kaspersky Lab" etc.

Click OK.
In left pane click Options next to defragmentation mode(selected: AUTO) and get to 88% Most Frequently Used data and 12 % Least Frequently Used data.
Now click START.
I may take 20 mins to 5 hrs ( As I read on some Help pages of Disk trix)
(My 280 gb C: drive is filled more than half and it took nearly 7 hrs)

Now proceed(follow) to next section ..

People having thousands/millions of files and folder of data in boot drive

Be ready to keep patience and keep trying in multiple sessions for 2-3 days means try to follow some steps and other at another day.
Don't follow above if you have many many many files/folders in boot drive because that will take days...
Now you have to download AUSLOGICS Disk Defrag .
Open up - Ananlyse then Defrag followed by Defrag and Optimize.
If this too takes time, don't worry.
Just Defrag using AUSLOGICS Disk Defrag nearly 50% and stop. Use Defrag and Optimize and then stop nearly at 50%.(For faster optimizartion you can try TuneUp Defrag - Many times its faster)

Then return to Ultimate Defrag 3

Select Defragmentation Method as "AUTO" in left pane.
Open Settings (also in Tool > Setting)
Get to default tab - General

In High Performance group check Automatic then put a number between 5 to 15 and then choose "% Most Frequently Used data" in right combo box.
Choose "Very fast placement" option for fast arrangements.
FragProtect is optional.( I don't use it but its good)

In Archieve group check Automatic then put number between 1 to 5 % Least Frequently Used Data and very fast placement.

In Excluded files check Custom and click Select Files and then Search for the folders having lots of small files like My Kaspersky Databases at "C:\Programs Data\Kaspersky Lab" etc.

Click OK.
In left pane click Options next to defragmentation mode(selected: AUTO) and get to 88% Most Frequently Used data and 12 % Least Frequently Used data.
Now click START.
You can STOP it anytime and it does not hamper anything.And you can continue anytime.

Run it atleast 5-13 hrs or 1-3 hrs everyday till 7 days.
Overall your disk chart should look arranged (means disk's outer part and inner parts should hold data and remaining parts should be free)

-------------------------- That much can eradicate the boot problem

But if you reached to this level you should try to get good performance from hard drive.
Then follow the next steps.
Choose Defragmentation mode as FILE/FOLDER with Options checked Respect High Performance and Respect Achieves and Uncheck any other options.
In Settings(Tool > Setting) Under High Performace check Custom and select files that you use daily means
-Startup Programs ( sidebar,Rainmeter(along skins) program folders)
-Program Folders(Photoshop,Eclipse,C++ Compilers,Visual Studio,3DS MAX,After Effects - in my case)

Increase numbers for % Most Frequently Used Data

and do same for Archieve
Increase numbers of % Least Used Data
check Custom and Select Files that you rarely access
-Your Picture,Songs Library
-Program Folders(Virtual OS Hardrive files - I have 2 Windows, 2 Linux hard drive files put to archieve)

N O T E For every reader

Run this defragmentation - FILE/FOLDER for 40-50 % and stop or the boot time problem may return.
Then if required use FRAGMENTED FILES ONLY Defragmentation mode.

Final thoughts

For regular maintanace use FRAGMENTED FILES ONLY in Defragmentation mode.
One more thing ... you can foolow these steps at your own pace ...
do it along your work
or regularly do it 1-2 hr (or 1-2 steps) each day continuously for 7 days
or keep it minimized while using your computer.

You can experiment in Setting Menu by taking 20-30 % Most Frequently Used data in High Performance and 20- 30 % Most Frequently Used data in Archieve with Defragmentation Mode File and Folder.
This will / wiil not work, that depends on your environment
(Number of Partitions, Which partition means C: is faster than D: partitions, CONSOLIDATE defragmentation mode will work better for low number of files in partition etc.)

Anyways thanks for your interest and hope pleasure for your reading

Back
Top Bottom