Windows 10 [Solved] Power Point Viewer for Win 10?

hawkeye62

Extraordinary Member
I can't seem to find a Power Point Viewer for Windows 10.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim

Edit: When I open a PPS file, I get a message, "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

But, if I open the PPS Viewer in the Start Menu, it opens a File Manager window. Selecting the PPS file, it then opens and shows the PPS contents normally. I can't change the default app for PPS files and I can't get it to use the PPS Viewer in a search for other apps to open the PPS file.

Very strange behavior.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards, Jim

Last edited:
Problem solved. I have PowerPoint Viewer from 2010, the only version available as far as I can tell. The default app for .pps files was set at Microsoft Office 2010 Component. The only Powerpoint Viewer I could find was in Windows 10 Start Menu. Every time I tried making PowerPoint Viewer the default for .pps files it would fail and revert to the Microsoft Office 2010 Component. I finally reinstalled the 2010 PowerPoint Viewer and checked exactly where the .exe file was installed. It was in Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office 14\PPTVIEW.EXE. When I set that .exe file as the .pps default app, everything worked as expected.

Thanks, Jim

Back
Top Bottom