Windows 10 sort taskbar to show running programs alphabetically

badbrad1m

Hi, I'm running Win 10pro with Classic shell 4.3.1. I do a lot of diverse research and keep 150+ windows open in Firefox. This makes it difficult to find a particular subject in the taskbar when I have to go back and forth between them (each Firefox window tab is "titled" with the subject of research). Is there a way to sort running programs alphabetically in the win 10 taskbar? This would make finding the right window a snap.

I do not use Firefox, but like in Chrome, there are a lot of add-ons for it. Doing a simple Google search, I already found a few that might answer to your needs. Go to this site Add-ons for Firefox (en-US) and search for "tabs sort".

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply, GDany. I've looked at a bunch of "tab" addons for Firefox. Most don't deal with sorting Firefox windows, but rather the tabs within each window. Some that have a search feature would be useful as a last resort, if I couldn't find a particular tab (in the 3-4000 tabs I typically have open in 150+ Firefox windows during research projects). But it would be infinitely faster if the window tabs on the win 10 taskbar were alphabetized, and would save much time during the day.

I am thinking at this point, that alphabetizing the taskbar is a windows function, and that Firefox or an addon wouldn't control this type of function? If anyone knows of a 3rd party app for win 10 that would do this, it would be much appreciated! Thanks.

They're usually displayed in the order they are opened. No way to change that behavior that I'm aware of.

Back