Windows 7 Sound problems :(

tonny332

Hey guys.I have a bit of a problem.I've just bought and instaled my Windows 7,seemed ok at first,but i came across a problem:when im talking through Skype with my friends they hear me,but barelly (on Windows XP they heard me just fine) and another problem is that when i turn on any game,they don't hear me at all:is it Aion or Team Fortress 2,doesn't matter,they just dont hear me,but when i minimise or tun off those apps,they hear me again.So,my question would be how to solve those two problems.I REALLY appreceate any help :)

Last edited:
Gonna jump in and state the obvious... goto the sound properties and ramp up the volume on recording tabs for ya mic and mic boost if has the option.

thanx,it realy hellped,but the problem was that sound was configured to headphones (i have a camera mic),so i went where you said and saw that and then chainged and the sound is perfect again :) other problem,with sound going off when app opens solved to:i just vent near the clock to the volume parameter and selected recording devices,then to the communication tab and saw,that the sound was lowered 80% when palying or communicating (default),so changed that and everything now works fine.THANX!

btw,maybe you know why my voice lags when talking with friends while playing?it never happened before and my internet is 100mbps so there shouldn't be any problems,but...

well the speed of the internet has nothing to do with the latency..... you'd need to look at ping rates on the servers and to/from your friends, if there is a delay it could just be feedback comming back from your friends speakers and mic of what you said seconds earlier, tell everyone to use headphones and see if that solves issue. Maybe also add full in & out rules on your firewall for all the essential apps you use for gaming.

Last edited:
Back