Windows 7 Sounds cut short

Boppa1

Have substituted a "WELCOME TO MY CASTLE" wav sound as the Windows Log-On sound. On log-on this sound is cut short to not much more than "WELCOME" and you will not hear the rest. The same holds true of some others seeming to be cut short. See no indication of a problem in device manager and I know this stuff worked previously. If I am not mistaken, the same holds true in my Windows XP OS (this is a dual-boot system). However, since an issue with the HD resulting in the re-installation of both of these OSs there has been this problem. I know I am missing something somewhere - but where??:cry_smile: THANXs!!!

Well, it helps if one uses ones head!!!! Have discovered I had inadvertently had a setting indicating that my speaker set-up was via a 7.1. Negative! These are merely Creative 'GigaWorks T20' desktop speakers. Once I changed that setting my problem went away!!

This thread has been moved to Windows 7 Hardware. In the future, please refrain from posting for support in our tutorial section.

This thread has been moved to Windows 7 Hardware. In the future, please refrain from posting for support in our tutorial section.

ATTENTION: MITCHELL A!! So, that's one mistake for me (a newbie to Win 7 and this forum) despite being the ripe old age of 75!! and one mistake for you despite being on this forum for about 3 years at the ripe young age of 15!!!!! Lest you are wondering what your mistake was, let this old codger inform you. THE POST IN QUESTION (despite being in the wrong place according to you) HAD HAD THE ISSUE RESOLVED TWO DAYS BEFORE YOU WOKE UP. Perhaps you didn't read far enough, for I responded to my own question with the answer. It really wasn't a Windows 7 Hardware issue at all but an issue of being a dumb newbie to some of the Win 7 set-up stuff. But keep up your diligence and perhaps by the age of 16 you will be TOP-DOG MODERATOR!!!!

Regardless of the status of your question, it does not belong in the tutorials section - it is not a structured tutorial, merely you asking for help and then posting your own solution.
No mistake was made on my part. I've been a member of this team for over two years now and I will admit I've made my share. The reality is, I've accomplished more at this age than you did. When was intellect determined by age?

Thank-you for your feedback :)

Back