Windows 7 SP1 & KB976902

buzzmag

I didn't install KB976902 when it showed up in Windows updates but it did get installed without asking me when I installed SP1. Is it part of SP1?

Not technically speaking, SP1 will not install without KB976902. If you asked to install SP1 it will look for the KB and if it can't find it, it will load it so it can load itself.
(That's a lot of "it"s in one sentence!!)

Yeah,when it (KB976902) was offered by it (Windows Update) it said that it would be needed before it (Windows Update) would be able to update more its (future updates) which would include it (SP1) when it tried to install itself (SP1).

(How's that for a lot of its in one sentence? Do you think I had to stretch a little to think that one up?) :p

Yeah,when it (KB976902) was offered by it (Windows Update) it said that it would be needed before it (Windows Update) would be able to update more its (future updates) which would include it (SP1) when it tried to install itself (SP1).

(How's that for a lot of its in one sentence? Do you think I had to stretch a little to think that one up?) :p
You Nit!! :)

KB976902 is a likely staging update for the Windows Update release of Service Pack 1, which we think may be released on Tuesday, the second week of February (maybe?).

Got mine offered on the 12th January 2011

Back
Top Bottom