Windows 7 SP1 udate issue for Windows 7 x64

Louise

Please help, I am trying to run the SP1 update (x64) for Windows 7 and after it finishes with 'preparing to install' an error message pops up saying, 'laptop is running on battery power please plug in to the mains to continue install.' error code 800F0829.
The thing is I have connected to the mains and it still comes up saying this error and won't retry the installation. I have tried charging the battery to full and running the update, plugging the mains in when asked/not asked etc but nothing seems to work? The mains lead is working because my laptop acknowledges it when I plug it in also it charges the battery so this has really baffled me.
Any ideas guys??????????????:confused:[SUB]

thank you - Louise x
[/SUB]

Louise,

Hmmm. Just an aside, why are you trying to install SP1 now?; it should have gone in as an Auto Update long ago. & is this a Dell or HP laptop & how old is it?

You can try to see if the Microsoft Fix-it Tool helps or there is, indeed, a hardware problem.

Cheers,
Drew

What is your current situation, are you in the middle of an install?

Are you using or in any way connected to a backup power source, like a UPS?

If your system is not running, maybe try taking the battery out before trying the update.

Some power supplies may not be set up correctly or a bad connection. Possibly it is that or maybe even something about your ACPI setup is at fault.

Back