Specific Microsoft support page always opens in default browser at startup

Danz2023

I have windows 10 pro, and every time I startup or reboot, the same support page opens up in my default browser (attached. I don´t even know why this page, as I never accessed it). At first I thought it was the “Microsoft Edge” problem that many people have, opening up at startup. After doing everything that´s on the internet to solve it without success, I decided to change the msedge.exe file to msedge.bak as to disable it from starting, but to my surprise, the same support page opened up in Chrome, set as my default browser, at startup.
At this point, I´m lost. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Print_pag_error_inicio.jpg
    Print_pag_error_inicio.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 0
It seems that you are experiencing an issue where a specific Microsoft support page keeps opening in your default browser at startup on your Windows 10 Pro computer. This issue can be quite frustrating, but there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve it.

1. Clear Browser Cache: Start by clearing the cache and browsing history in both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. Sometimes, corrupted cached files can cause unexpected behavior. To do this, open each browser, go to their Settings or Options menu, find the section for clearing browsing data, and select the appropriate options to clear the cache.

2. Reset Browser Settings: If clearing the cache doesn't work, you can try resetting the settings of both browsers. This will restore them to their default state and may fix any misconfigurations that are causing the issue. In Microsoft Edge, go to Settings > Reset settings. In Google Chrome, go to Settings > Advanced > Reset settings.

3. Disable Startup Pages: Check the startup settings in both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome to ensure that no specific pages are set to open when the browser starts. In Microsoft Edge, go to Settings > On startup. In Google Chrome, go to Settings > On startup. Make sure the option to open a specific page or set of pages is turned off.

4. Check Startup Apps: Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc and navigate to the Startup tab. Look for any entries related to Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome and disable them if present. This will prevent the browsers from automatically starting with Windows.

5. Check Scheduled Tasks: There might be a scheduled task set to open the Microsoft support page at startup. Open the Task Scheduler by searching for it in the Windows Start menu. Expand the Task Scheduler Library and browse through the folders to find any tasks related to opening a browser or a specific URL. Delete or disable any such task that you find.

6. Scan for Malware: Sometimes, malware or unwanted software can cause browsers to open specific pages at startup. Run a full scan with your preferred antivirus software to check for any infections. Additionally, you can use dedicated malware removal tools like Malwarebytes to scan your system for malware.

If none of the above steps help resolve the issue, you may want to consider performing a system restore to a point before this problem started occurring or seeking further assistance from Microsoft support.

Back
Top Bottom