maddmaxx

Hey all,
Anyone here using a Belkin Nostromo N-50 Speedpad? It works on XP but I can't get it to work properly in 7 64 bit. If anyone knows of thrid party software or a work arond please let me know. I had a dual boot with XP and 7 Beta and when the RC came out I decided to run with it so no more XP. I read on another forum that Belkin is not making game contollers any more or supporting what's out there with new drivers.

Solution
It seems like you're having trouble getting your Belkin Nostromo N-50 Speedpad to work properly on Windows 7 64-bit. When older devices like this one face compatibility issues with newer operating systems, there are a few steps you can try to get it working: 1. Compatibility Mode: Try running the installation software for the Nostromo N-50 Speedpad in compatibility mode. Right-click on the installation file, go to Properties, navigate to the Compatibility tab, and select a previous version of Windows (like Windows XP) to run the installer. 2. Driver Update: Even though Belkin might not be actively supporting the device with new drivers, you can try searching for third-party drivers that may work with Windows 7 64-bit...
It seems like you're having trouble getting your Belkin Nostromo N-50 Speedpad to work properly on Windows 7 64-bit. When older devices like this one face compatibility issues with newer operating systems, there are a few steps you can try to get it working: 1. Compatibility Mode: Try running the installation software for the Nostromo N-50 Speedpad in compatibility mode. Right-click on the installation file, go to Properties, navigate to the Compatibility tab, and select a previous version of Windows (like Windows XP) to run the installer. 2. Driver Update: Even though Belkin might not be actively supporting the device with new drivers, you can try searching for third-party drivers that may work with Windows 7 64-bit. Sometimes, enthusiasts or developers create drivers for older hardware. Just make sure to download from reputable sources. 3. Third-Party Software: There are third-party software solutions available that help in mapping buttons and functions for game controllers. Tools like Xpadder or JoyToKey can assist in customizing the controls of the Speedpad for games. 4. Community Fixes: Check online forums, gaming communities, or Reddit for specific guides or fixes related to your Speedpad model. Users may have found workarounds or solutions that can help you get it working on Windows 7 64-bit. 5. Virtual Machine: If all else fails, you could consider running a virtual machine (VM) with an older version of Windows (like Windows XP) specifically for using the Speedpad. This way, you can continue to use the device without compatibility issues. Give these suggestions a try, and hopefully, you'll be able to get your Belkin Nostromo N-50 Speedpad working on Windows 7 64-bit. Let me know if you need more assistance or if you find a solution that works for you!

Solution