SSD Hot Swappable ?

spooz2

I am running Win 10 using a 3.5" Hot Swappable HD caddy. I am interested in graduating to a SSD HD. Is it necessary to disconnect my existing caddy in order to install the adapter?

Or can I affix the adapter to the SSD drive, and merely insert it into my existing caddy?

TIA

If it's supported in the firmware and that feature is enabled.

What type of "Caddy" are we talking about and what is the adapter you're talking about?

If it's supported in the firmware and that feature is enabled.

What type of "Caddy" are we talking about and what is the adapter you're talking about?

The caddy I am using accommodates a 3.5" Sata HD. There are many adapters available online. I will purchase the one which will allow it to be attached to the SSD w/out disconnecting the caddy already installed.

The caddy I am using accommodates a 3.5" Sata HD. There are many adapters available online. I will purchase the one which will allow it to be attached to the SSD w/out disconnecting the caddy already installed.
If it supports 2.5" conventional laptop size HDD it will fit SSD. The hot swap will probably work, but make sure the SATA controller on the back supports the throughput or doesn't slow down the drives.

Back
Top Bottom