SSD'S needed! Please advise me.

Kerbankle

SSD's prove to be really costly. I'm in no shape or form to throw out extra cash, so i do need some help. I tried googlin' , but everything i could find is so damn much! I don't have any actual limit, but it should be something under 150 bucks. On to the main topic. Not long ago I got my greasy fingers on an Orico 2.5 SATA3 SSD adapter to usb-c. i thought that it was AMAZING, well cuz imagine having a usb stick that has expandable memory, and is a freaking disc drive. I can put a HDD in it, but it will be wobbling all the time, so i think SSD should be better. Installed in the box was a 32g ssd. It was a good start, but I already filled it up with films and documents. I would like a change, because im frequently on the run and i need a good flash stick. So, my request is: 2.5" SATA3 SSD that is more than 64g. And also tell me if a hdd is a viable option for a usb kind of thingy. (also, please dont tell me to get a usb stick instead, because they cost a fortune with the same speeds)
Peace out.
P.S(EDIT#1) The only SSDs i could find were 1.5GIGABYTE or 6gb, and that is so not enough

I've used Crucial and Samsung. Samsung is clearly the victor here. There is no point going with a super cheap SSD and have to worry about it breaking down. Crucial was great with their RMA process. Long ago, when SSD was very new, they RMA'd many failed drives for me. There was a major sale on the Samsung 850 Evo's just awhile ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see them on sale over the holidays / New Year. You should consider this as a compromise, even though its more pricey. Ultimately, on most devices, I suspect they are going to move to the m.2 platform. You can see that the drive is going straight to the PCI bus and not the SATA controller, making it superior, but you need a board that supports it. The 850's are reliable, fast, and 1TB is about $289.99 USD right now (at the time of this writing). 250GB is about $84.99 USD on Amazon. I would not go with any other product to be quite honest. Their V-NAND technology on these drives are very good.

I'll swear by Samsung as well. I have several of them evo 850 and evo pro's and they have never failed and high speed. If your system has m.2 slots they are superior in throughput and very flexible connection wise (support more than storage devices). Even the older pci-e 2 x 2 m.2s support about 2Gbps higher throughput than sata 3

I've used Crucial and Samsung. Samsung is clearly the victor here. There is no point going with a super cheap SSD and have to worry about it breaking down. Crucial was great with their RMA process. Long ago, when SSD was very new, they RMA'd many failed drives for me. There was a major sale on the Samsung 850 Evo's just awhile ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see them on sale over the holidays / New Year. You should consider this as a compromise, even though its more pricey. Ultimately, on most devices, I suspect they are going to move to the m.2 platform. You can see that the drive is going straight to the PCI bus and not the SATA controller, making it superior, but you need a board that supports it. The 850's are reliable, fast, and 1TB is about $289.99 USD right now (at the time of this writing). 250GB is about $84.99 USD on Amazon. I would not go with any other product to be quite honest. Their V-NAND technology on these drives are very good.
Good Post. I am going get one shortly. Take care and good rest of the Holidays to you and your staff.

Back