Staff Meeting Podcast

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
[floatleft]
pod1.jpg
[/floatleft]
Here is the podcast for our August 2010 staff meeting. The low quality MP3 is around 20MB. This meeting lasted for 2 hours. We will hopefully be reconvening for a 3rd meeting in October 2010.

Podcast Feed: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Many issues were discussed in this meeting, and thanks to all who participated and would like to take a listen. We encourage your feedback on your discussions. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get all team members to join us this round, and we had hoped a Premium Supporter could join us as a guest. We will look forward to even bigger goals in October.

Some new feature announcements have been made in this podcast, as well.

Attachments

• aug2010meet2.mp3
    16 MB · Views: 4,544
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize that was happening last night. I thought it was supposed to be tonight. I really was thinking about attending. Sorry y'all. I screwed up. :(

You are welcome, Ross. Thank you for being such a stand up admin and assistant over the ages. Your contributions have been very important to the website's success. Thank you for your participation in this important meeting.

I didn't realize that was happening last night. I thought it was supposed to be tonight. I really was thinking about attending. Sorry y'all. I screwed up. :(

More the merrier.. Hope to see you at the next one! :)

Thanks for the kind words Mike.. :)

December Staff Meeting Podcast

[floatleft]
pod2.jpg
[/floatleft]
Here is the podcast for our December 2010 staff meeting. The low quality MP3 is around 20MB. This meeting lasted for 1.5 hours. We will hopefully be reconvening for a 4th meeting in February 2011.

Radio Quality: 26.3MB Link Removed due to 404 Error

Many issues were discussed in this meeting, and thanks to all who participated and would like to take a listen. We encourage your feedback on your discussions. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get all team members to join us this round, and we had hoped a Premium Supporter could join us as a guest. We will look forward to even bigger goals in February.

We welcome our new staff members joining the monthly meetings: Pat and Captain Jack
It is appreciated that they were willing to join us on this call at such later hours.

Some new feature announcements have been made in this podcast, as well.

Re: December Staff Meeting Podcast

Just got home. Started listening to the podcast now.

Great Podcast. Loved putting voices to names. (Randy should work at a radio station with his voice!)

Sorry I couldn't be part of the discussion. I'm sure I will participate in future ones.
Here's some of my input... It's in the order that things were spoken about.

1. I really enjoyed hearing my name pronounced in 3 different ways. Some of them I even liked more than my real name and you guys got my to thinking about changing it... :) Anywhoo, my name is Zvi Twersky. The zvit alias is "zvi" for my first name and "t" for my last name, hence, zvit. Zvi is pronounced Tzvi (tsvee)

2. The application: Like Mike said... people that are "power hungry", will answer 200 questions too. So the number of questions will not reveal power seekers. Questions that can only be answered correctly after reading the rules are a good idea. A suggestion can be to add an option after each question that allows you to choose "I prefer not to answer this question". If he chooses this on every question that has to do with the rules... that should tell you something. It has other advantages too. Another suggestion would be to add a comment field so in case there is a tricky question (there were a few that I wanted to add a comment to my answer but didn't have that option).

Overall, the questioner was fine and I support the fact of 50 questions because effort shows seriousness. My father charges $300 for a first session and $180 for every other one. He told me that the reason is that it shows seriousness in one's will to accept treatment. (He's a psychologist). I didn't mind the personal information questions. Asking my shoe-size would be weird but your questions were fine.

3. Winter in Israel is usually the same months as in the States. December - February are the coldest months. (Actually, this year is the first December in history that Israel had not had rain yet and I'm still in shorts and sleeveless shirts and we have air conditioners on during the day. So the winter theme reminds me that it's winter... :)

Ok, I need a break... I'll get a coffee...

Ok, I'm back... :)

4. Premium supporter....
I think that it's good that premium members are colored yellow because it's good publicity when users see that people are paying members. I noticed that moderators get red names, so there is no way to know if they're premium members. There should be another way to show that a person is a paying member, other than name color, so also paying moderators can be shown as premium members.

A suggestion can be to get discounts on software for premium members.

5. I speak 4 languages but I don't suggest to allow typing in other languages. They should always be translated.

6. Couldn't recognize the voice... but I hope you got to the store before they closed... :)

7. True, the site never went down, but I experience slow page loads on this site most of the time. (I have high speed X7)

8. Overall, meetings are a good idea. I enjoyed listening to the podcast. It was so interesting, that I almost started to voice an opinion but then realized that I'm not live... :)

Hope to join you at the next meeting.

Zvi Twersky

A suggestion can be to get discounts on software for premium members.

Thanks for your coments, zvit. One of the best ways to get more information on what Premium Supporters want is to get their opinion. Premium Members do, already, have access to a commercial software program free of charge. While this is not advertised openly, it is allude to in the information.

For the moderator application, I am likely to stream-line it and we will again begin using our Tier 1 Moderator system after this change is made.

Regards,
Mike

January Staff Meeting Podcast

[floatleft]Link Removed - Invalid URL[/floatleft]
At 12:00 AM US Eastern Time on January 16, 2011, we began our January Staff Meeting Podcast. This meeting lasted for around 2 hours. We will hopefully be reconvening for a 5th meeting in February 2011.

Radio Quality MP3: 27.7 MB (29,058,510 bytes) Link Removed - Invalid URL

<!--[if !IE]--><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://www.google.com/reader/ui/3523697345-audio-player.swf?audioUrl=http://windows7forums.com/podcast/2011-01-15-meeting.mp3" valign="middle" height="27" width="320">

* Users in non-Internet Explorer browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome can stream this discussion from a player. The player will not be visible in IE.

Of the most important issues discussed in this meeting, we did discuss Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Other issues of importance included cloud computing, a computer specs output software application, member accounts, and other issues. The attendees of this meeting were: Mike, kemical (Ross), Mitchell_A, Captain Jack, whoosh, krypto, and Josephur. Non-attendees included one admin and many other moderators.

We have discussed the emergency measures taken to keep the site online over the last 24-48 hours as well as other important website matters.

February 2011 Staff Podcast

[floatleft]
pod2011-02.jpg
[/floatleft]
At 12:00 PM US Eastern Time on February 26, 2011, we began our February Staff Meeting Podcast. This meeting lasted over 2 hours. We will hopefully be reconvening for a 6th meeting during May 2011. Extra special thanks to the abundant number of staff members and Premium Supporters who attended this meeting.

Radio Quality MP3: 49.3 MB (51,738,908 bytes) Link Removed - Invalid URL

This meeting was not our most organized, unfortunately, due to it involving many topics and discussions:

• Session/Database Cookie Timeout Change to One Hour ("Who's Online")
  • Question about Moderator Security Precautions for vBulletin
  • Full Text Copying and Pasting - Problematic
  • Software Update Forums - Private Forum Issue
  • In-line Text Ads
  • Service Pack 1 Discussion
  • Most Valued Professionals
  • Bringing Forum in Line with Microsoft Objectives
  • Forum Software Updates
  • Feasibility: Status Updates: Type whatever you want
  • Feasibility: Mini-Games and Top Scores for Members
  • Being Blunt/Honest vs. Insulting
  • Absent Moderators
  • Honoring Past Members
  • Moving of my threads my posts, unanswered threads
  • Experience System
  • Satisfaction Survey data (and lack thereof)
  • About our Forum Staff
  • Promoting Community

Topics left out:

• Content Push
  • Chat Room in Off-Topic Areas

August 2011 Staff Podcast

[floatleft]Link Removed - Invalid URL[/floatleft]
At 8:00 PM US Eastern Time on August 6, 2011, we began our August 2011 Staff Meeting Podcast. This meeting lasted 1.5 hours. We will hopefully be reconvening for another meeting soon.

Radio Quality MP3: 34.5 MB (36,278,022 bytes) Link Removed due to 404 Error

This meeting covered a number of issues with new staff forum members, including database changes an site speed improvements.

In attendance:

Captain Jack (Shyam)
Mike Fara (Mike)
Ross Cameron (kemical)
Kevin (Elmer)
Michael Myles (whoosh)
Chester (Sonny)
Rich (nmsuk)

December 2012 End of Year Podcast

[floatleft]
pod2012-12.jpg
[/floatleft]
At 2:00 PM US Eastern Time on December 1, 2012, we began our December 2012 (end of year) Staff Meeting Podcast. This meeting lasted 1.5 hours. We will hopefully be reconvening for another meeting soon.

Radio Quality MP3: 39.4 MB (41,323,501 bytes) Download

High Quality MP3: 135 MB (142,118,311 bytes) Download

This meeting was plagued with unfortunate audio malfunction. However, much was discussed regarding:

Windows 8
Windows Blue
Moderation Policy
Etc.

In attendance:

Mike Fara (Mike)
Ross Cameron (kemical)
Mitchell Anthony (Mitchell_A)
Michael Myles (whoosh)
Richard Prescott (nmsuk)
Zvi Twersky (zvit)

Unlike our previous year's team discussion, we have decided to leave this off YouTube due to the quite annoying and infuriating audio difficulties. We will hopefully have a more robust, clear, and interesting meeting soon!

Thank you to all those who attended and choose to listen.

Re: December 2012 End of Year Podcast

Hello Mike and staff,

Sorry I missed it again, but I was having too much fun spending 4 hours in the hospital with severe back pain which radiated down my right leg all the way to my ankle. Had blood work and xrays done and a shot in the arse. The pain is not so bad today, but it has been keeping me from getting a decent sleep and I'm on LOA from work until the 10th
I will listen to the podcast as soon as I can sit for more than 30 minutes at a time.

Regards
Don

Re: December 2012 End of Year Podcast

Hello Mike and staff,

Sorry I missed it again, but I was having too much fun spending 4 hours in the hospital with severe back pain which radiated down my right leg all the way to my ankle. Had blood work and xrays done and a shot in the arse. The pain is not so bad today, but it has been keeping me from getting a decent sleep and I'm on LOA from work until the 10th
I will listen to the podcast as soon as I can sit for more than 30 minutes at a time.

Regards
Don

Feel Better soon!!!

Back