Windows 11 Start menu sub-items missing

Arbs

Usually, for each program in the Start menu there was a list of recent files or frequent actions related to the program. Now this list is missing on my machine, no matter which program I have highlighted:
1675364108429.png

Any help will be appreciated.

Rebuild the Windows Search index: Go to Control Panel > Indexing Options, then click on the "Advanced" button and select the "Rebuild" option.

Reset Windows Search: You can reset Windows Search by running the following command in an elevated Command Prompt: "net stop "Windows Search" & net start "Windows Search"".

Check System Files: Run the System File Checker tool to check for and repair any corrupt system files. You can run this tool by opening an elevated Command Prompt and typing "sfc /scannow".

Thanks for the suggestions, Mike, but unfortunately they did not help solve the problem.

From a powershell prompt try the following command to reset the start menu application
Code:
Get-AppxPackage -Name *startmenu* | Reset-AppxPackage

Thanks for your reply, Neemobeer. I ran the command, then for a while the cursor was spinning while the Start menu was open after I typed some letters like in the screenshot I sent. That made me hope that some index-rebuilding operation was underway, but unfortunately after the cursor stopped spinning (+/- 5 minutes), the situation is unchanged.

Back