Windows 8 start screen record when receiving remote desktop connection

momi

Hi there,

is there a easy way or software that can start screen recording on win 7/8 when PC receives remote desktop connection, e.g. I want to record what someone else is doing on my PC via remote desktop connection?

Thanks

1. Screen capture = captures the screen itself not the person using it and there are various software options from expressions by Microsoft (I use) to the you-brute adobe stuff that allows you to project your screen onto someone else's screen.

2. Recording the person themselves requires something like a nanny-cam and they are expensive, self-contained systems or an app that allows you to log into a Wi-Fi webcam using a mobile phone… the issue now becomes a legal one as recording people in YOUR home without THEIR permission is anything from a small fine in America to jail time and being listed on the sex offenders database in Australia.

Thank you for your response, but I want to screen record (something like Camtasia) the session when someone log in on my pc via remote desktop connection (using my account). I don't want to record some person, I now that is illegal. Is there a way to trigger (autostart) screen recoding/capturing when some one log in via RDP?

Thanks

I’m not aware of any… I use expressions and that’s Microsoft but even then the scripts are not up to that standard… Automatic scripts are restricted over a rdp for good reason but you could have something like a desktop icon the people can click to record their actions once they are logged in?

p.s. That wouldn't put any extra strain on the rdp because only the compter at the end point is doing the work.

Back