Windows Vista Strange issue with audio & internet browsing

wnvusername

Hello all,

I have a strange issue with vista. Suppose my system has been on for say more than 3hours. And i am browsing internet (256kbps speed). Now if i start to play music (winamp/wmp/anything), the sound stutters/chops AND internet page crawls (loads very slowly). I even cannot scroll the webpage as it also crawls. When the page has loaded completely (even though by crawling) the music plays smoothly. If i stop the music when a webpage is loading, the page loads smoothly otherwise it crawls & music chops. If i restart the system, things become fine again. This problem does NOT happen if my system has been on for say less than 2hours. In that case music & browsing do not interfere with each other.

Now this is not the same issue as floating over the net with GIGABIT internet and vista audio as my net is just 256kbps. Any ideas?

My system is good and capable: 3gb ram, nvidia card, core2duo 2Ghz, etc.

Hmm.... You could try 'defragging your pagefile'. You'll need to delete the pagefile found via system properties and then rebuild a new one. This should give you a nice clean pagefile (which you could make a little bigger if you wish)..
If your unsure how to go about the above post back and I'll explain..

Hmm....that seems a little large! Try rebuilding as suggested as they can become defragmented and just use the size recommended on the virtual memory page...

Hi again, i tried deframenting it. The file size is set to recommended only. But the issue happens now also. When the webpage is loading, the mouse moves slow (stutters/misses pizels/small jumps) and audio stutters.

Hmm.....weird one.. Could you post a more detailed list of your set up including the make of your mouse...
Oh and do you know if your drivers are up to date?

nvidia 8400 (latest drivers),
vista home premium (sp1)
by mouse i meant mouse pointer. i use touchpad (its a laptop, hp dv6000) :)
audio is realtek HD audio with latest drivers.
250gb HDD with more than 60% free space. what else....
its been about an year since iinstalled vista. probably its become slow overtime as XP did.
Is there a way to rejuvenate vista without reinstall?

how do i know? well, i go to hp site and check theer. For the audio driver i download the latest HD driver from realtek site.

yup tried those links but prob is still there. Actually i think its not related to mouse because at that time, the whole system slows/stutters. The cpu usage is almost 100percent.

Hi,
I have tried that and everything else too, life registry cleaner etc. I have also re-installed SATA drivers etc. I guess the only option left now is to reinstall Vista.

Sometimes it gets to a point where thats your only 'real' option left...
Good luck with the re-install...

Back