Windows 7 Strange problem with dvd rom

Imou69

Well, I've got strange problem with my pc. When I put any cd or dvd, my pc stops responding. I cannot do anything. It worked only just after installing RC1, but when I turned pc off and later turned on, it became like this. So what can I do with this? I tried searching, but couldn't find anything. I downloaded beta from Microsoft.com
I have build 7100, 32 bit
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7100 Build 7100
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DOMPC
System Manufacturer Unknow
System Model Unknow
System Type X86-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, 2700 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 2007-12-03
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2,00 GB

Does this occour also when using imagefiles in emulated drives? And does it happen with all types of media - blank cd's, DVDs, disks only containing data (no autorun etc). To emulate a drive you can use Deamon Tools. Try checking your system logfile to see if it reports any error right before it freezes.

I don't use emulated drivers. I tried autorun cd's only, but i will check blanks and data only. And where can I check those logfiles?

Try emulating a drive, and see if it also is a problem.. You can access the log by rightclicking on My Computer, click manage, and find "Logbook" or similair in the left side of the window. You then open "Windows-Logger" and the "System" log. That log file should hold something usefull (if there is anything usefull). To make it easier to use, you should delete the log (rightclick on it in the left side and choose remove/clear). When deleted, you can provoke the problem again, and then look in the log file... :)

I will check it, but my pc went to service yesterday (something has broken and it started to work very loud), so I won't be able to do anything for a while. Anyway, thanks for replay

We will see once you get the computer back :) Maybe you should ask the service team to change or at least have a look at your dvd tray.

Back