Windows 7 Strange Sound Problem with Mic

Tribat

So I'm having this weird problem. I like to be able to use my speakers and headphones simultaneously so I use a Y connector to attach both. I'd never had a problem with doing this until 7. What is happening is when I have them both plugged in if I turn the volume up on the headset with the volume control along the cord is inversely lowers the volume on the external speakers. The only way I can hear out of the speakers is if I turn the volume down on the headset. This is a PITA. Any idea on what may be causing this?

So I'm having this weird problem. I like to be able to use my speakers and headphones simultaneously so I use a Y connector to attach both. I'd never had a problem with doing this until 7. What is happening is when I have them both plugged in if I turn the volume up on the headset with the volume control along the cord is inversely lowers the volume on the external speakers. The only way I can hear out of the speakers is if I turn the volume down on the headset. This is a PITA. Any idea on what may be causing this?

Onboard or sound card?

First thing that come to mind is drivers

It's listed in device manager as "ATI High Definition Audio Device". I have a Pegatron NARRA3 mobo. Where can I get the correct drivers for SoundMax for windows 7?

Back
Top Bottom