Windows 7 Sudden blue screen of death.. very annoying.

hyddro

Hi, recently i have been experiencing some problems with my recently upgraded desktop... BSOD occurs almost every time i try to play a game or watch a video... very frustrating, this is the last entry I obtained after BSOD occurred.
I also uploaded my w7F file along with the file generated when the last BSOD occured...(under the folder 'dmp file after BSOD occured')... any help will be appreciated.

*EDIT* Sorry I forgot the CPU-Z and RAMMon reports... I attached them as well... thanks and sorry for any mistake.. it's my first tiem posting here thanks!

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000007e

BCP1: C0000005

BCP2: 8D8428DC

BCP3: 97B69C08

BCP4: 97B697E0

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\030514-21340-01.dmp

C:\Users\Gian\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-133614-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Attachments

• W7F_23-03-2014.zip
    718.2 KB · Views: 407
  • CPU-Z and RAMMon.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 8d8428dc, 97b69c08, 97b697e0}

Probably caused by : lvrs.sys ( lvrs+c8dc )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
all your dump files point to the same driver lvrs.sys which is a Logicool Qcam driver:
lvrs.sys Fri Aug 19 10:23:28 2011: Please update:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support

BiosVersion = F2
BiosReleaseDate = 02/11/2011
Your bios has updates pending but please make sure you have the correct motherboard revision before downloading. You can find which version of motherboard you have by looking on the actual board itself.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3756#bios

When you say upgraded desktop, what was actually upgraded? If it was the RAM try removing and see if bsod stops as it's quite feasible to purchase faulty RAM.
(RAM also popped up the dump file)
If you didn't upgrade test RAM using this app:
http://www.memtest.org/

nusb3hub.sys Fri Nov 19 01:34:11 2010: These are NEC USB3 drivers and the 2010 version is known for bsods. The actual chip is NEC D720200F1 and the latest driver I can find is here:
http://www.station-drivers.com/inde...SB3-Controller-Drivers-Version-2.1.39.0-WHQL/

See how you go after changing the above I have to rush off to the docs but will be back later..

thanks for the reply.. currently I am experiencing another issue.... After my last crash (which wasnt a BSOD, was just a crash in which the system became completely unresponsive and had to force a restart) windows wont boot... the screen shows the windows 7 logo and the 'starting windows' but it has been almost 30 min and it won't go away... :( any suggestions?

EDIT*
The system loaded after windows attempted to repair the problem (Which in the end said it couldnt repair it)... I will proceed to update and the do the things you told me to. thanks

EDIT2*

Forgot to answer your question.. I meant went from windows xp to windows 7. no hardware update though.. just software update.. my desktop is about 2.5 years old..

Last edited:
I have updated my webcam but when I try updating my bios I get the following error (see attachment). Either the .exe or the flashspi gives me the error.

EDIT*
I also updated the USB3 drivers... I will soon run the RAM test and post the results

Attachments

• error bios.jpg
    error bios.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 388
I ran the memtest and this is the result... i didnt know how to run it so I decided to attached a picture... it kept running after saying **pass complete, no errors, pres Esc to exit** (see attachment)

Now I am trying to install my bios updates, atm i cant.. thanks

EDIT* uff so many edits... sorry about it.. i was able to update the bios using gigabyte's @bios software... I will use my pc at its fullest capacity and see if it crashes or get a BSOD.. For now.. thanks and hope for the best!!!!

Attachments

• 2014-03-24 23.43.31.jpg
    2014-03-24 23.43.31.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Hey Hyddro,
your RAM looks ok and good job on the updating.. :) If you do get further bsods then please post the new dump files. Good luck.. :)

Hi, i just wanted to inform you all that it's been 2 days since these updates and I have had no BSOD yet... this is a new record considering that I used to get 1 or 2 BSOD daily... This is a major victory ! :D Thanks Kemical you are a boss!! If I ever get a BSOD (which i doubt I will), i will post the dump files again... hopefully that wont happen.

Also, I think updating the USB3.0 drivers was the real solution (though hard to tell)... I noticed that after every BSOD my USB wireless adapter and my External HD wouldnt work unless I re-plugged them in. to their respective USB3.0 ports... (may actually tell you something right?).. anyways thanks and God bless you.

Excellent news! Much thanks on updating your thread as this helps a great deal for others finding solutions to their own issues.

Hi, unfortunately yesterday while playing video games my computer froze and became unresponsive and had to force a reboot... :( i am planning on upgrading to windows 8.1 since school provides students with a free copy of the OS. Should I do that and see if it fixes the problem?

Hi,
chances are that if it's a temp issue it will only return if you go with 8.1. Freezing whilst gaming is usually a classic sign of overheating so try monitoring your temps, both GPU and CPU to see if there's an issue..

Hi kemical,
thanks for your help, much appreciated.
I will do so once I get back home (currently out of state)... is there any way I can open up a log after a freezing occurs just to see what caused it? Like in apple computers there is an app called 'console' which basically shows log entries... I onced used it to figure out a wifi card problem...is there anything similar in windows?

Have a nice one!

Hey,
sure.. If you go to admin tools in the control panel and click on 'Event logs' you can search by time and date.

Hi,
I have upgraded to windows 8.1.. havent gotten any problems yet.. if i come across anything i will post it. Thanks

Back