Windows 7 Sudden hanging on "Starting Windows" screen

tony22

I had to upgrade the BIOS of my board in order the get back Virtualization (for some reason it wasn't showing up with the version I was using, that was a known problem). I did the upgrade after the Win 7 clean install on a new drive. Now I am geting random hangs on the "Starting Windows" screen. I'll have to hit the reset button to reboot. It will then recommend going into Repair mode but will find nothing.

And just a moment ago I got a BSOD. Here are the details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF80002B7A50B
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

That was while using IE. I really don't want to reinstall. I remember in Win XP Pro instructions which would allow the OS to essentially re-scan the hardware and reinstall all the device drivers as though it were a first time install. I'm thinking if that's possible in Win 7 it might be worth doing. Any know if it is?

Truthfully I don;t think this will help, but to uninstall IE8, go to Start > Run, and type optionalfeatures ands uncheck IE8

Have you tried Firefox?

Thanks for the suggestion Reg, but it turned out to be me not getting all the BIOS settings reset properly after the BIOS upgrade. Once I got everything set to where it was in the previous BIOS version everything was fine.

Hello , I have wthe same problem the system hangs on "Starting Windows" , tried to repair it but it shows nothing on test. Aso, I tried to boot windows 7 from the DVD but I get the same hang on "Starting Windows". I installed nothing suspecious . I just shut it down and the next day I tried to boot it and got that horrible hang over and over so all I can do is rebooting. Any suggestion ?

Are you upgrading or performing a "clean" imstall?

fleeze on "Starting Windows" screen

I just bought Windows7.. After I format my C:\ drive and start install with the CD, I can't login anymore due to the screen fleeze on "Starting Windows" screen.

This really make myself regret should continue use the RC version until next march.

Anyone, PLEASE HELP... :(

If it's the RC, you can burn another disk, I usehttp://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Make sure ti burn at its slowest speed and use a good hgih quality name-brand DVD

Back