Windows 7 Windows 7 Clean Install: Freezes on "Starting Windows" screen

mshannahnv

Hey guys, I've been trying to fix this myself but with no luck. Maybe you can give me some tips? I think it is a hardware issue which I have little to no experience with.
It all started when I decided to upgrade to Windows 7 x64 from my Vista x64. I had nothing of importance on the computer, so why not do a clean install and start fresh? It installed fine and rebooted several times until the computer had the Setup is checking video performance, it froze on that screen. I had to reboot it and now here is my current issue.....
Installation is going fine, goes to Completing Installation and then reboots..Then shows a black screen with blinking cursor for 5 minutes. Then restarts itself and has Windows Recovery Error. I chose Start Windows Normally and it goes to Starting Windows screen with the logo. I've tried letting it sit there for 30 minutes until it restarts itself and states Windows failed to start. A recent software or hardware change may be the cause..etc etc..
...So basically it's just a constant cycle of Starting Windows; screen and Windows Recovery Error screen; Unless I press f10 to go into the Boot Options.
If anybody could give any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I already installed Windows 7 on my laptop so I know it's my desktop which is causing the issues..
Gateway FX4710
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 / 2.5 GHz
6GB Ram / 667.0 MHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT / 512.0 MB

Last edited:
Back