Windows 8 switch from local to microsoft account

brihy1

when I follow the onscreen directions to do this I get to the last step and get this,
were sorry something went wrong,your account wasn't changed to this Microsoft account.code:0xd0000225
any ideas?

I have an msn email(had for a long time)but I was able to do the same thing on my windows 8 64 bit laptop without a problem using this email?i don't understand why im having the problem on this windows 8 pc 32 bit?

I think, but not 100% sure, but one live email or hotmail is associated with one windows 8 product key, whether it's 32 bit or 64 bit.

if thats true then what would be the point with the sync settings options in windows 8 pc settings for that user?doesnt it sync your settings accross computers?

I think, but not 100% sure, but one live email or hotmail is associated with one windows 8 product key, whether it's 32 bit or 64 bit.

bassfisher I think you are right. When I tried my Gmail account it wouldn't accept it. It did however accept my old Hotmail account.

bassfisher I think you are right. When I tried my Gmail account it wouldn't accept it. It did however accept my old Hotmail account.

i believe it has to be a Microsoft account,thats why it wont accept gmail(google).again what would be the point of sync settings if you can only use one Hotmail or msn account for one windows 8 key?it doesn't make sense and I don't believe this is the case.

i believe it has to be a Microsoft account,thats why it wont accept gmail(google).again what would be the point of sync settings if you can only use one Hotmail or msn account for one windows 8 key?it doesn't make sense and I don't believe this is the case.

You are correct, it has nothing to do with the gmail account. of you are receiving that error, it is probably because you removed the antivirus software (norton in my case) and it removed a couple regkeys with it. I put the regkeys back and that solved it. You can find the details on the microsoft support site and search for this error. It will be at the end of a thread, you will have to look around.

Back
Top Bottom