Windows 10 Switching ubuntu to windows

melvin25

Hello all! I am using ubuntu currently on my Viewsonic lcd monitor va1903a and now I want to install windows 10 on this monitor.
I need information regarding this that is possible to switch to windows.
Don't know whether this monitor is compatible or not with windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well a monitor is just video output. You'd need to look at your computer specs to see if it supports Windows 10.

Whatever the COMPUTER you have, you must remove the filesystem and the GRUB-loader etc. Since Windows usually does not handle these very good.. When your hard-drive is clean and empty the Windows setup vill create the file-system needed..

But remember.. to get the most out of windows 10 (both security vise and performance vise) you should install Windows 10 in a similar mannar as your Linux was installed..

That means when Windows asks you to sign in with your microsoft account, you don´t, instead you select the more hidden options to create a LOCAL ADMINISTRATORS ACCOUNT and name it to PCAdmin, and when you have run Windows update and installed a proper antivirus software (like Sophos Home. Cybersecurity Made Simple for Home Computers. ) THEN you create a standard user account for your self! This is the account you connect to your microsoft account..

For some strange reason Microsoft does not help you to install windows in the correct way.. This is odd since the "microsoft way" of installing windows forces you to always signing in as the administrator. something that makes your computer helpless against any attacks since every attacker or malware is run in YOUR security realm.. So you, being the administrator let them inherit your administrators rights..
This contradicts the BEST PRACTISE that applies to all operating systems.. (Not to be given higher rights than whats needed)

Follow these recommendations, and your windows 10 experience will be the greatest!

Hello all! I am using ubuntu currently on my Viewsonic lcd monitor va1903a and now I want to install windows 10 on this monitor.
I need information regarding this that is possible to switch to windows.
Don't know whether this monitor is compatible or not with windows.
You can set up dual booting or just reformat/partition the drive

And meet the minimum requirements

Processor1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC)
RAM1GB for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit
Hard drive spaceExisting installations: 16GB for 32-bit or 20GB for 64-bit
Clean install or new PC: 32GB or larger
GraphicsDirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
Display resolution800×600
NetworkingWi-Fi or Ethernet adapter

Back
Top Bottom