Windows 10 System became very slow and laggy after restart, disk usage 100% with average response time 9198 ms

That will be fine. If you check out these two links you should find all the info you need.
Computer memory and SSD upgrades for Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-T01US from Crucial
http://www.crucial.com/wcsstore/Cru...ssd/crucial-2-5-inch-ssd-install-guide-en.pdf

Crucial has a very good name in the SSD market as well and they perform great, I have 2 x Crucial MX200 500gb SSD's running together (Raid 0) in my main desktop PC and they have never missed a beat.

And all the tools you need to change the drives over is a small cross-head screwdriver.

Do you have access to another PC/laptop/usb thumb drive or portable hard drive ? you will need one to get your files off the old HDD. If you need them that is.
If you do download a (free) copy of Macrium Reflect backup software Macrium Reflect Free you can clone the entire disk onto the SSD.
If you don't need any files saving you can just swap out the drives and install a fresh copy of windows 10. by following these instructions. ....Windows 10
If you need more help just reply in this thread.

Enjoy the increased speed of that SSD.

I'm currently transferring the important files on my external hard drive, thank you so much for your help Paul, I truly appreciate it!

Hi

Just did the SSD thing myself, it was painless.
Plugged it in booted my computer, to my old hard drive, formatted the new drive to NTFS.

Shut down, unplugged my old drive.

Restarted and restored Windows 8, to the SSD ( I had to do the upgrade to 10 to get out of the insider program ) and it all went great.

I bought a Samsung SSD, it has a nice utility for setting it up that has the install file on the drive....

SSD_zpsw4atdn7p.jpg

The performance is great, my computer never felt so snappy.

Mike

Did you do this with a desktop or laptop? I'm on a laptop, so I don't think I can have plugged in at the same time. I'm over my old hard drive, I'd rather start fresh with a new copy of Win 10 and my files/pictures

A fresh install is always better.
Use the creation tool for usb/dvd.
Install your new ssd.
install win 10 and when it asks for your key press skip, windows should activate when you log in to your microsoft account.

A fresh install is always better.
Use the creation tool for usb/dvd.
Install your new ssd.
install win 10 and when it asks for your key press skip, windows should activate when you log in to your microsoft account.

The new SSD drive has a different connector than my old HDD. The HDD had pins that fit into the connection on my laptop, while the SSD has a flat connection. Did I order the wrong SSD?

The new SSD drive has a different connector than my old HDD. The HDD had pins that fit into the connection on my laptop, while the SSD has a flat connection. Did I order the wrong SSD?

I got it connected, turns out the HDD drive that I removed also took a small adapter that I had to put on the SSD drive. My current problem now is that I get a screen that says reboot and select proper boot device. I got it to reboot from my usb with win 10, but then win 10 asks my to remove the usb and restart without it, that causes the same message as before. Currently googling my problem.

when win 10 asks you to re boot, press f2 to get back into the bios and change the boot order from the usb
back to your ssd drive and save and exit see if that works.

Back