Windows 7 System Boot problem

adelejukerberg

I am unable to boot my system as it is not moving forward after the windows start up screen. I am using Original Windows 7 home Edison. Not even that i am unable to repair or reinstall windows. Even the recovery DVD is not working. I have no idea what to do, can anyone tell me it's solution.

Have you triend using F8 to boot into safe mode and try a system restore from there?

Have you triend using F8 to boot into safe mode and try a system restore from there?

Hay patcooke,

I have tried to run the system in safe mode, but that too does not work, System is promoting either to run the windows in normal mode or to run the recovery process. I have tried the both option still result still remains the same. System stops at the screen with Microsoft Windows logo.

You say the recovery DVD is not even working - what happens when you try to boot from it?

Hate to ask the obvious - but you have set your bios to boot from the optical drive?

Hello All,

I took my laptop to a computer repair shop, where I got to know that this is basically a problem in hard disk due to bad sector. Is this possible and if yes what can be possible solution? According to that person only solution is change of hard disk.

That is one possible explanation and a replacement drive would be the solution but it wouldn't explain why ir won't boot from a dvd so is unlikely to be the cause in this case.

I think we should mark this thread as solved.
But as far as I can see it is not solved. The OP has been advised to replace the hard drive but as I remarked earlier, that does not explain why the pc will not boot rom the optical drive so is unlikely to solve the problem.

Back