Windows 7 System Crashed - Need Product Key

AutumnEDonahue

My whole PC crashed last week and I had to re-install EVERYTHING, including Windows 7. But I couldn't find a product key, so I've only got about 25 days left before I'm locked out. Anyone have a product key for me??? Thanks.

Don't Ask For Keys On This Forum. It Violates The Terms Of Use of This Site. They Are Partnered With Microsoft. Just Go Buy A Key.

This Is A Good Way To Get Banned From The Site.......

Good Luck,

Andrew B.

Thanks for letting me know. Kind of a bummer - really don't want to pay for something that I've ALREAY paid for. But, I appreciate the answer.

Welcome to Windows7Forums.com :)

As mentioned, don't ask for product keys as this is a violation of the ToS, consider this a warning, as I will issue you an infraction in the next situation.
Regarding your lost product key, Contact Microsoft Phone Support and they can provide you with a new key.
From the Contact Us section of Microsoft Support:
[h=3]Contact Microsoft Customer Service[/h]
Microsoft Customer Service agents are available to answer your general questions regarding Microsoft products and services, licenses and more.1-800-Microsoft (642-7676)Weekdays5 A.M. - 9 P.M. (Pacific Time)Weekends6 A.M. - 3 P.M. (Pacific Time)TTY: 1-800-892-5234

You will likely be speaking to an automated machine, make sure to select to speak with a real agent wherever you are given the opportunity.​

If this is an OEM type situation, it may be on the bottom of your computer. Since you say you may be locked out, perhaps you should call the system manufacturer.

And that, as they say, is that.

Those are your only realistic options.

This thread ought to now be locked.

MS is very responsive in situations like this. Call them. I have had to at least twice in the past few years. If your original PC had a valid key and it was activated properly then MS will assist with a new key.

I have not a clue why this posted twice as I only hit the button once. Sorry.

Last edited:
Back