Windows 7 System crashes randomly

phrekvens

Hey,

My system crashes unexpectedly and seems really random. It can be from opening Chrome to playing games.
The event viewer states it's my videocard that stopped responding.

This one happens every now and then. I have recently re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and have the latest drivers. (Also tried re-installing). The error is found on Google as well and I've tried most things to try to fix it (using high performance energy settings for example). Any other tips?
Videocard: Geforce GTX670

Warning | Source: Display | Event ID 4101:
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

It crashed again a few minutes ago and some new logs show up, was using Chrome, and the Event Viewer says:

Error | Source: Event Log | EventID: 6008:
The previous system shutdown at 19:07:55 on ‎2015-‎11-‎15 was unexpected.

Critical | Source: Kernel-Power | EventID: 41:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Error | Source: BugCheck | EventID: 1001:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa800c5014e0, 0xfffff880050a707c, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 111515-11590-01.

Thanks for any help!

Hi,
to help you best we need to see the actual dump files created when the machine blue screens. Read this thread and post the results:
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

Whilst I'm waiting for that:
Bugcheck 116 occurrs when the gpu driver tries to reset for whatever reason and fails. Try removing your current gpu driver using this app:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.6.0.1 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum
You'll need to boot into safe mode and it will create a nice clean environment for the new driver. Install the latest whql driver for your set up.

Hey,
Thanks for your help. I attached the files in a .zip. Do you need the MEMORY.DMP also? It's around 400MB, or will the dumps in this attached .zip suffice?
I'll try that Display Driver Uninstaller right away. :)

EDIT:
I'm now done with the re-installing of nvidia drivers.
I booted up in safe mode and ran that DDU program (remove and restart option), the PC restarted and I booted up in safe mode again and installed the nvidia drivers, fresh from their website (before I started all this) and now I'm back.

Attachments

• W7F_15-11-2015.zip
    422.7 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800c5014e0, fffff880050a707c, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+84107c )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as well as the above you also had a bugcheck 124 which basically means a hardware error occurred. If your overclocking return to default values until the source of the bsod is found.
Your drivers are in desperate need of attention with some Intel drivers stretching back to 2010! Use your motherboard page as a guide and google for the latest versions:
Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design
Post any new dump files.

Thank you for checking the logs.
My GPU is not overlocked, it's factory default.

I'll see what I can do about the Intel drivers, I thought Windows Update and Live Update (MSI software) took care of that...

You should never use windows update for drivers nor any apps which will do an auto search. It's a pain i know but find the downloads yourself. You'll get to know the system better and your machine will run better for it.

Back