Technet Forums

Discussion in 'Microsoft Products and Community' started by davehc, Jun 20, 2013.

1. davehc

davehc Microsoft MVP
    Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Anyone here who is a poster in the TechNet forums? (Microsoft TechNet Forums)

I have been a frequent poster there for some years. I had not posted for about three or four days and then, when I logged in a couple of days ago, I found the layout had changed dramatically.

I battled my way through to the Windows 8 IT section, my usual. I then exited and logged in again, and found I had to go, once more, through the whole procedure to get to Windows 8 IT.
    As far as I am concerned, provided it is not a temporary plan, it has mad it a most definite No No forum for me. I am very P***ed off about it.
    But maybe it is a personal view. Any other user comments?

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522 Essential Member

I've only recently become a registered user on there and it's been that way since I've signed up. So I don't know what it was like before. I too find it cumbersome to navigate around it.

3. davehc

davehc Microsoft MVP

Hmm?? Seems only you and I use it??

4. Drew

Drew Banned

I have been a contributor there since 2008. Yes, it recently was revamped. Allegedly, of course, to be better. I can find my way around but, admittedly, took some getting used to it. Not sure how I feel about it but, it is what it is. We were told it was coming for quite some time.

Cheers,
    Drew

5. davehc

davehc Microsoft MVP

Ok. I have solved the problem. My principal interest there is Windows 8. I logged in, found the Windows 8 section and created a shortcut in my favourites. I don't understand the reason for the change, it was fine as it was but I can handle it now.
    I did read the blog (Forums Recognition Update Coming July 14th 2011 - MSDN and TechNet Forums Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs) a while ago, after email reminders from my local MS rep, but didn't take heed (as I should have done) The long discussion regarding the new point system did, I think, turn me off, as it is so easily misrepresented and can be misused.

#5 davehc, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
  6. lorenkjr1

lorenkjr1 Honorable Member

Not true and I hope there is quicker than quick fix!

7. lorenkjr1

lorenkjr1 Honorable Member

8. drevilwebmster

drevilwebmster Honorable Member

the bad thing now is that the TechNet program is shutting down, you have to till aug31 to renew or buy a supscription, so it will be closed in sept 2014 or whenever your subscription expires before that date