Windows 8 Technet subscriptions ending

davehc

Essential Member
Premium Supporter
Just receive a notice that MS TechNet subscriptions will end on the 31st August.
Subscribers with active accounts may continue to access program benefits until their current subscription period concludes.

MSDN subs will continue.

Received a notice via.... How?
I've been a TechNet subscriber since 1999 and just renewed my subscription this month and as far as I know they are still selling TechNet Subscriptions daily. Is it possible you are referring to your MVP benefits package?

Thanks Dave.
Although that kinda sucks. It would seem that Microsoft has an endless supply of ammo with which to continuously shoot themselves in the foot.

Well, it has been a very generous gift, but I agree. They are not going to make any new friends, but certainly a few more enemies.

MSDN will continue, which I have, for the present time. But, now in my eightieth year on Planet Earth, I am giving thought to making a departure from the field of forums. This might/could involve, giving up MVP status, which at the moment includes an MSDN subscription. But who knows? It looks like MS are tightening their belts. Maybe they will withdraw that perq also!

Well the masses have begun to speak. There is a petition drive on Change.org that is trying to make a little noise. Their petition states: “Continue TechNet or Create an Affordable Alternative to MSDN”. Maybe it won’t make any difference in Microsoft’s decision, but if they get enough publicity about this, something positive may happen. For more info click here:
Petition wants Microsoft to continue TechNet - Neowin or to go directly to the petition page, click here:
https://www.change.org/petitions/continue-technet-or-create-an-affordable-alternative-to-msdn
It will be interesting to see what Microsoft’s response is.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment the only other less expensive alternative is Microsoft BizSpark, but they don’t allow everyone to subscribe. Microsoft BizSpark

Last edited by a moderator:
Back