Windows 7 Temp. on graphiccard

shadows

Extraordinary Member
Hi guys.
Yet again I'm sitting here with a little issue and some thoughts what to do.

A member from Bf3 told me to try use MSI Afterburner, since I had some wierd crashes.
The thing is, I have no clue how to manage the temp of my GPU nor what its gonna do to my hardware.

Could anyone of you give me some feedback what to do with the program, what is the normal temp. for a graphiccard, also for gaming? What should I be concern on, when the temp is high and so on?
What is it great / bad to use a overclocking system like that one?

Thanks guys.

PC Specs.
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Graphiccard: AMD Radeon HD 6800 series 1 GB.

If your system is crashing, there are two things you need to do immediately. (1) Stop overclocking. (2) Ensure you have a sufficient flow of cool air through your case and that your case interior is clean of heat trapping dust.

I don't see how MSI Afterburner can "manage" your GPU temps - other than force the GPU fan to spin faster. But it should automatically speed up without MSI Afterburner.

I don't like my CPU temps to sit above 60°C for more than a couple seconds. GPUs can tolerate considerably higher temps - even into the 90°s but I would not be comfortable with that.

How are you monitoring your temps? What are they?

The only way I can monitoring my cpu is my task manager from windows.
CPU Usage 5-7% and 1.5gb ram when I'm just browsing.
When I'm in bf3 CPU Usage 30-48 %, ram 3 gb

AMD states their cards can safely go to 120 C which is pretty damn hot. I wouldn't want the card going over 90

The only way I can monitoring my cpu is my task manager from windows.
Task Manager lets you monitor percent utilization but tells you nothing about temps.

Check out the free version of Speccy (from the makers of CCleaner). HWiNFO64 is also very (if not too) informative.

65°C for the CPU is a little high for my own comfort but should not be a problem. You should still make sure the case is clean of heat-trapping dust inside. You might even consider adding a case fan. But still if that is while playing BF3, that is not bad.

But I would still return your clocks to normal speed and see if your system still crashes.

When you say (Return my clocks to normal speed), I need to ask, how do I do that? :)
Yeah I've thought about a casefan, might wanna get one tomorrow.

When you say (Return my clocks to normal speed), I need to ask, how do I do that?
You , "What is it great / bad to use a overclocking system like that one?". So that suggested to me, you overclocked, thus I would assume you know how to return the system to defaults. If you did not overclock your system, then don't worry about. But to answer the question in general, typically you can reset your clock speeds by resetting the BIOS.

Arh okay ^^
I've learned yet another thing :D
I'll get myself that casefan tomorrow, and test it out, and if its about the same, I'll try reset my BIOS :)
Otherwise you'll get a msg from me, if I need some help.

I'm gradefull for your help and guidet me through some of these things.
:up:

And here we go :) got myself a casefan, now it just runs smoothly :D
CPU and GPU degree dropped down to 48 :D
Browsing, well its down to 31 %

Thanks again Digerati :D

Back