the action can't be completed because the file is open in windows explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by fight2fight, Feb 8, 2010.

1. fight2fight

fight2fight New Member

This error message is driving me crazy "the action can't be completed because the file is open in windows explorer"

i downloaded anime the format is mkv, iv downloaded many mkv anime series, just this one won't let me delete it, iv restarted my computer, same error, i even tried safe mode but when i try to delete it comes up preparing to delete and the status is calculating, i let that wait for 2 mins, nothing happened.

So why can't i just delete this one single file.

really need help, thanks.

2. Sonny

Sonny Fantastic Member

I am sure someone should be able to help you. If nothing else have you tried to do a system restore? I know that is what I have had to do before. If you do not get an answer try that and see if that works.

3. fight2fight

fight2fight New Member

hi,

i finally figured it out, well i had 2 of those same files, in my download folder and i made a copy to the desktop, i deleted the one in the download folder by just dragging the whole folder in the recycle bin and it deleted, and remade a another download folder, with the other file on the desktop was the most annoying, i ended up using a program called east-tec eraser and it removed it of my computer.

so thanks once again..

finally happy its gone..