Windows 7 The Driver for NVIDIA 8500 gt affects my computer and the graphic card

EdDupont

I used to have Win XP, but I changed it to Win7, everything was alright, but the problem began when I tried to install the drivers for my graphic card, a NVIDIA 8500 gt. I downloaded the driver for win7 32 bits, but the results were bad, it stuck and just when the desktop is going to appear, it freezes the system and I have to restart.

I couldn't make the graphic card work. The only way I can access to the PC is using "Safe Mode", there I can see the graphic card in the hardware list, and it says the whole specifications of the graphic card.

I think is the driver, because I restore the PC, just before the moment I installed the drivers and the computer was fine, but the graphic card was useless, I even tried to use it without the drivers, but it was useless.

In case you want to know I have a bearlake g31 motherboard and the video card is a Biostar NVIDIA geforce 8500GT, 512 mb.

BTW, I used both drivers Biostar website and NVIDIA website. Both, cases I restored the system.

I would really appreciate your help.

Back