The Exception Breakpoint

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Help and Support' started by Kevin Wolfe, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Kevin Wolfe

I had this error popping up after every web page visit (Note this was happening before I upgraded to windows 10)

Windows - Application Error

The exception Breakpoint
    A breakpoint has been reached .
    (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location
    0x0000000058C9B2D0

Click on OK to terminate the program

I have tried a lot of things to get rid of this and it pops up no matter what browser I use after every new page I visit no matter the website. Posted above is the entire error I get and no application is specified. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you,

2. ussnorway

ussnorway Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Corrupt system files tend to cause this error... have you had a virus or are you running some 3rd party scanner?

3. Kevin Wolfe

I had recently had a load of malware that I thought I had cleaned out successfully perhaps this is the cause?

4. ussnorway

There are some tools that claim to autofix this kind of thing but ime they just make it worse... have you got a backup image of a time BEFORE the errors started?
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help
    if not I'd make my sure my important files have been backed up and then fresh re-install Windows X using the Microsoft media tool to download an iso image... the fact that you have already upgraded your system to WX means you now have a key for it on record and shouldn't need to muck about installing W7 first.

5. Kevin Wolfe

I ran Malware bytes and it found about 13 infected cases, I deleted them and restarted and so far I have not gotten this error. If I see this error again I will reset factory default or a clean version of 10

6. ussnorway

Cool... thats a solid plain... post back if you get stuck and good luck with it mate.